Revel's mission is to accelerate EV adoption in cities by providing the infrastructure and services that make it easy to go electric. Through the Revel app, users can rent electric mopeds, take rideshare rides in fully electric cars and find fast-charging stations compatible with any brand of EV. Revel prides itself on its total rejection of the gig economy and its collaborative approach with local governments. Founded in Brooklyn, NY in 2018, Revel currently operates in New York City, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Miami.
Our Operating Principles
Revel’s Operating Principles represent who we are, how we act, and what we believe. They define our culture.
Empathy. We seek to understand the experiences and perspectives of each other, our customers and the communities where we operate.
Ownership. We are excited by big challenges and care deeply about our work. We empower and rely on each other and hold ourselves to a high standard.
Humility. We take our work seriously but not ourselves. We’re approachable, curious, and know we have a lot to learn.
Adaptability. We expect change and quickly adjust our approach to reflect new information. We know success requires seeing opportunity in obstacles and relentlessly improving.
Simplicity. We clarify and prioritize what can be done now. We strive to keep things no more complicated than absolutely required.
The Service Technician role is an essential role in the operations of Revel. Service Technicians keep our fleet of electric mopeds in top condition for our customers by swapping out depleted batteries and completing repairs in the field as well as in the mechanic shop. Duties and priorities assigned may change due to business needs. The service technician role is a physical job and lifting is necessary. Driving is a key component of this role. As such, our technicians must keep a clean driving record, be conscientious, defensive drivers.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have your own tools - most mechanics will own/ be familiar with these.
- Available to work on weekends and/ or nights.
- Must have a clean, valid driver’s license and are experienced driving.
- Must be comfortable driving commercial vehicles.
- Must be enthusiastic and punctual.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to regularly stoop, bend, walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be committed to quality and safety in the warehouse and on the road. This includes maintaining a clean work environment.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Be a culture carrier. Create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace.
- Do the right thing-even if no one is watching!
Responsibilities and duties overview:
- Drive commercial vehicles and respond to service requests as dispatched
- Perform and document full inspections of company vehicles before and after shift, reporting any issues in compliance with company policy
- Ensure company vehicles are clean at the end of every shift.
- Ensure vehicles are fully stocked with supplies including but not limited to batteries, hairnets, tools, and spare parts.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts in the warehouse and in the company vehicles.
- Use a proprietary smartphone app to navigate territories.
- Replace depleted batteries in the fleet.
- Tow mopeds on an as needed basis
- Conduct full quality inspection on mopeds to ensure rider safety.
- Clean mopeds, helmets, and helmet case if needed, replace/add hairnets if needed.
- Perform repairs and parts replacement on vehicles in the field and in the workshop.
- Perform assembly and disassembly of vehicles and their components.
- Replace major parts and components as needed.
- Use a backend app to log completed repairs and maintain virtual status of the mopeds.
- Perform and document full inspections of mopeds involved in accidents.
- Respond to immediate or urgent requests as assigned by the manager on duty.
- Report theft and vandalism to management.
- File police reports when necessary.
- Report and move bad parking.
- Interact with the community regarding our mopeds and answer any questions.
- Adhere to strict safety standards both in the warehouse and on the road.Communicate with management throughout the shift.
- Regularly monitor company email and messaging systems for communication from management.
- Clearly communicate with management any conflict with the scheduled days/ hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Healthcare including dental & visual
- PTO (paid time off)
- Free access to Revel mopeds
- Training on new & exciting electric vehicle technology
https://www.cigna.com/legal/compliance/machine-readable-files. This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.