About the Position
Do you want to work at a high-growth company where your impact is seen and rewarded? Are you looking for the autonomy to do your best work? At Rev, we value ownership, growth and service.
Our business is seeking a talented Senior Data Analyst to join our growing Insights and Analytics team primarily serving our Sales and Marketing division. As a member of the Revenue Operations team, you will report to the Director of Analytics & Insights here at Rev.
The candidate is expected to analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insights to decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in consultation to users and lead cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
- Self-starter individual that can plan, lead and perform analysis of data and trends to proactively deliver business insights & operational performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to solve for data challenges & develop solutions
- Gather, synthesize and document business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques
- Use data to generate business required actionable insights and reports
- Contribute insights to strategic and tactical decisions that impact competitive position, marketing mix, product design, analytics, and operations
- Bachelor's degree in Math/Statistics/Engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling / advanced business analytics
- 5+ years of proficiency in manipulating data sets in SQL or equivalent and drawing insights from data
- Experience with R, Python or other statistical/machine learning algorithms such as Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Time Series forecasting, etc
- Experience with Snowflake (or similar MPP databases) and Looker or similar BI tools
- Ability to gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling API’s etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences
- Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships
- Advocate for working backwards from the customer
- Ability to complete projects to a high degree of quality with little oversight
- MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Experience with AWS (Azure, GCP, etc) analytics ecosystem
- Experience building ETL pipelines for transforming relational data into reportable fact data in a data warehouse
- Expertise with version control systems, like Git
Life at Rev
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
We encourage and celebrate different perspectives regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, race, origin, religion, caregiver status, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Multiple points of view fuel our innovation and connect us closer to Revvers, our customers and each other.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.