About the Position:
This position will be part of our new Growth Team. We own experiences and services crafted to make using Rev’s speech-to-text and voice platform easy. We dive through the Rev platform to personalize data, insights, and actions for users, helping them get the most out of their software and Rev.
As a Senior Growth Engineer on the team, you’ll guide and implement technical and product work that touches all Rev.ai users. You’ll elevate the team’s skills and knowledge, and collaborate to build solutions across technical stacks that you get to design and ship. We mostly use TypeScript/JS/React and .NET Core but like to use the right tool for the job. You'll also use Docker, a bunch of AWS services (Lambdas, Kinesis, SES), and more. We’ll explore new technologies and approaches together to make complex problem spaces easy.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
Opportunity is available in Austin, TX, San Francisco, CA or Remote.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build, and launch new products and services
- Utilize experimentation, analytics and customer conversations to identify and solve customer challenges
- Collaborate with design, product, engineering, and business teams
- Explore and implement ways of personalizing at scale to solve multifaceted problem spaces
- Mentor engineers on the team and across Rev
- 5+ years of experience building software across the stack: frontend, backend, and everything in between
- Collaboration and listening skills that empower diverse perspectives and creative solutions
- Ability to integrate analytics with customer empathy to build iterative approaches for complex problems
- Experience taking projects from inception through delivery and post-launch evolution
- Proficiency in more than one programming language (TypeScript, JS, .NET, etc)
Life at Rev
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
We encourage and celebrate different perspectives regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, race, origin, religion, caregiver status, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Multiple points of view fuel our innovation and connect us closer to Revvers, our customers and each other.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.