Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies. We innovate at the intersection of artificial Intelligence, human transcription and voice analytics. We are seeking a Director of Business Operations & Strategy to help build a team to drive conceptual and analytical insights and provide operational support that will allow the company to propel itself to the next level.
As an early member of the Biz Ops team, you will gain exposure to every function at the company, and work collaboratively across Go-To-Market, Operations, Product, Finance, and other teams on a variety of strategic initiatives. You will immerse yourself in quantitative analysis, define wide-reaching corporate strategies, and execute some of the highest priority projects at Rev. We expect you to lead a team and regularly interface with executive leadership. It is a great opportunity to shape the team as well as the growth of the company. This role will report to the VP of Business Operations and Corporate Development.
Leadership: Manages a Business Strategy and Operations team, and has earned their respect. Uses data to identify opportunities, influence the team and senior leadership, and drive immediate results.
Strategy: Develops insights and recommendations on key strategic questions, including the growth strategy and execution plan. Backs recommendations with data and strategic analysis.
Operational excellence: Has the hands-on experience and business intuition to see around the corners. Removes operational barriers to team / company success.
Communication: A storyteller - uses communication and influencing skills to drive operational alignment across cross functional stakeholders (product, engineering, sales, marketing, finance and operations).
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience, including at least 2 years on a high-growth SaaS Business Operations team, in addition to prior experience in strategy consulting and team leadership
- Natural curiosity to understand and solve complex business problems
- Able to build productive and positive relationships across the organization
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking; able to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and simple action plans
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication along with strong analytical, modeling and presentation skills
Life at Rev
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
We encourage and celebrate different perspectives regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, race, origin, religion, caregiver status, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Multiple points of view fuel our innovation and connect us closer to Revvers, our customers and each other.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.