About the Position
Rev is the leading provider of speech-to-text solutions servicing multinational media companies, financial institutions, and the most discerning and innovative tech startups. Rev.com leads the market in human-provided transcription and captioning while Rev.ai offers the world’s most accurate AI-powered automated speech recognition (ASR) and natural language processing (NLP) services. With these offerings, we are transforming the world’s spoken words into insights at a global scale, powering technology leaders like Loom, Descript, HireVue, Axon, and more.
We are seeking a Developer Experience Product Manager to drive growth, strategy, and adoption of the Rev.ai API across all existing and evolving speech applications. Built on the world’s most accurate ASR solution, we offer powerful natural language processing and other building blocks that will power these most-compelling media experiences. We’re on the path to be the Twilio/Stripe/AWS of speech processing and we seek the Product leader who will drive discovery by – and ease of use for – developers.
Founded by 5 MIT classmates – and with a team of top science, engineering, and business leaders – Rev.ai has the people, know-how, product, and market momentum to power the next generation of speech applications. If you are passionate about putting powerful tools in the hands of developers around the world and directly impacting the growth and direction of a company, we’re passionate about talking to you!
- Own the activation, adoption, retention, and monetization of developers using Rev.ai.
- Build a renowned, best-in-class onboarding experience for developers
- Improve discoverability of new features for all developers on our platform
- Create the best-in-class developer experience that drives habitual use of Rev.ai
- Create and execute the overall strategy for amazing developer experiences that enable developers and partners to easily build applications on the Rev.ai platform.
- Inform the structure for Rev’s developer documentation, including the information architecture of the docs site
- Interact with customers, prospects, and the wider developer community to inform and implement best-in-class products and practices
- Influence product marketing, engineering leaders, and our customers to enable and power next generation speech applications.
- Advocate internally on behalf of Rev.ai developers
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience owning Product Growth: Activation, Retention, and Monetization
- Experience building developer platforms that have gained loyalty and advocacy with developers.
- Strong developer empathy, and experience building products with customer-driven mindset.
- Deep technical experience with REST APIs, SDKs, and developer productivity tools.
- Experience building and leading in a high-performing organization.
- 3+ years of product management experience or equivalent; prior experience as a developer is desirable.
- Raw talent and a willingness to learn & teach – you know who you are!
This role will report to the Director of Product, Platform & AI.
Life at Rev
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
We encourage and celebrate different perspectives regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, race, origin, religion, caregiver status, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Multiple points of view fuel our innovation and connect us closer to Revvers, our customers and each other.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.