About the Position
Do you want to work at a high-growth company where your impact is seen and rewarded? Are you looking for the autonomy to do your best work? We are seeking a Senior Sales Development Representative who is curious, tenacious, and coachable. Rev is moving at a blazing fast pace and, for those that have the desire, you will be able to fast track your career progression.
We are looking for people who are moved by the concept of relationship-based selling, who are passionate about uncovering new market opportunities, and who like to laugh… because our team is pretty pun-ny. We want to hire ambitious individuals who are excited by a role with unlimited upside earning potential.
This role is based in Austin, Texas and will report to our Head of Sales Development, distance running and home cooking enthusiast, Jacob Addington. As a member of the Senior Sales Development team, you will be responsible for working a book of accounts made up of potential clients for our industry leading Artificial Intelligence speech-to-text engine. Your objective is to make contact, gauge interest, and book discovery meetings for our Account Executive team.
- Independently manage a pipeline of inbound and outbound opportunities, utilizing Salesforce to document progress
- Use a thoughtful and consultative sales approach to ensure Rev is the right solution for the customer
- Develop new customer relationships by engaging prospective customers via phone, email and LinkedIn
- Learn to work with technical prospects such as engineering and product management leaders
- Partner with Rev’s Account Executives to facilitate a seamless customer experience
- Bring new and innovative prospecting ideas to the table and be willing to experiment
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a client facing role
- Thorough experience writing effective sales emails
- Have familiarity with salesforce and Linkedin SalesNavigator
- Knowledge of a sales methodology (Sandler, MEDDIC, Challenger, Miller Heiman, etc.)
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exude comfort and confidence when speaking in public
- Deep sense of initiative and personal ownership over success
- Have a willingness to adapt to and embrace changing business priorities
- Desire and hunger to progress into an enterprise sales professional
Life at Rev
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
We encourage and celebrate different perspectives regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, race, origin, religion, caregiver status, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Multiple points of view fuel our innovation and connect us closer to Revvers, our customers and each other.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.