Senior Site Reliability Engineer
About the Position
Do you want to work at a high-growth company where your impact is seen and rewarded? Are you looking for the autonomy to do your best work? We are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help shape the future of our production infrastructure.
As a key contributor on our growing engineering team of 100, you will become an expert on the problems facing our customers and freelancer workforce. Our engineering team works together to generate great ideas and shape the future of our product and company. You will not only help us execute on our current businesses - you will play an integral role in determining the direction of the remote labor market on a global scale.
Your duties will include:
- Maintain and improve upon robust monitoring of production services
- Investigate and fix system failures, and then share root-cause analysis with the rest of the team
- Implement robust CI/CD and testing pipelines for a wide range of services and tools
- Automate development workflows and infrastructure tasks
- Improve and optimize infrastructure through data-driven analysis
- Work closely with engineers and QA to build environments and solutions for rapidly evolving needs
- Help create a roadmap for the DevOps team to support an engineering organization that is quickly growing
- Maintain and add on to an existing chatbot written in nodejs
- Administer infrastructure consisting of Windows and Linux servers and containers
- Drive modernization and breaking up of our Windows-based monolith into a modern infrastructure running in kubernetes
- Experience automating and maintaining infrastructure for high-traffic services hosted in a multi-account AWS architecture
- 5+ years of industry experience in Software Engineering, SRE, or DevOps
- Experience with terraform, ansible, or similar infrastructure/configuration as code tools
- Experience building, optimizing, and automating CI/CD flows for API, Web, and Data services
- Experience managing production loads on Redis, SQL Server, Elasticsearch, or similar technologies at scale
- Experienced with configuring and building monitoring systems that provide an early warning to minimize downtime or service degradation
- Excellent proactive communication skills to work with engineers in Austin, San Francisco and across the country
- Strong experience writing code across many languages and environments
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- BS/MS Computer Science or a related technical field
Rev's mission is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI.
Rev is a marketplace for remote work. We do for work-at-home freelancers what Uber does for drivers. Like Uber, there are two sides to our marketplace: people that pay for services, and people that get paid to work. Tens of millions of Americans would prefer to work from home if they had the option.
Today, we offer four services and we will launch more in the next few years. Our initial offerings are: audio transcription, video captions and subtitles, and document translation. What the verticals have in common is the work can be done anywhere, and software can transform them, via marketplace methods, productivity improvements, and machine learning. We believe many types of work can be done remotely, and we have a game plan to change more of them in the years to come.
Started by MIT engineers, Rev has $30M+ from Silicon Valley VC’s. We have 125 + employees (and growing) with offices in San Francisco and Austin. Sales are growing fast and we hit profitability in 2017. Don’t take our word for it – search for “@rev” on twitter to read what people are saying about us.
Life at Rev
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
We encourage and celebrate different perspectives regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, race, origin, religion, caregiver status, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Multiple points of view fuel our innovation and connect us closer to Revvers, our customers and each other.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.