About the Position
Do you want to work at a high-growth company where your impact is seen and rewarded? Are you looking for the autonomy to do your best work? We are seeking a Strategy & Operations Manager Manager for our freelancer marketplace to help us improve the freelancer experience while balancing the needs of the marketplace.
This role will report to the Director of Operations. As a member of the Operations team, you will be responsible for creating the best freelancer experience for our users and working to elevate the efficiency of our marketplace by using data and frontline insight.
Your duties will include owning the freelancer experience from start to finish, digging deep into data to gain a total understanding, working closely with users to identify needs, and partnering within Rev to achieve your vision.
- Define and evaluate your own key metrics by which you measure success and report on those metrics
- Own the criteria used to determine which candidates will succeed at Rev
- In partnership with product teams, build a freelancer application predictive of future success
- Design programs, teaching guides, and other onboarding techniques to help freelancers quickly learn critical skills
- Manage the freelancer funnel from paid acquisition to becoming a successful freelancer
- Using deep quantitative and primary qualitative research to implement fair and effective evaluation policies for freelancers
- Grow freelancer earnings - hourly and weekly - via careful analysis and recommendations to stakeholders to influence decisions throughout the company
- In partnership with product, design the rewards structure and tiers for Revvers that appropriately balances Freelancer/Rev/Customer outcomes and reduce user churn.
- Min 5 years of experience with problem solving
- Strong SQL, or desire and ability to learn, and strong Excel skills
- Able to synthesize and distill information for both presentations and ongoing communication
- A demonstrated ability and desire to think and act like an owner by taking a highly proactive approach to your work.
- Passion for solving complex problems
- A proven ability to get things done, manage your time, and prioritize for impact.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Ability to spot patterns and formalize complex ideas into a well-defined process
- Quick thinker and fast learner. You have good intuition and an eye for the details
- Experience and comfortable working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Ideal candidate has a strong quantitative background through a degree program and work experience
Life at Rev
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
We encourage and celebrate different perspectives regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, race, origin, religion, caregiver status, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Multiple points of view fuel our innovation and connect us closer to Revvers, our customers and each other.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.