We are who we are, and at the heart for what we do is our unique perspective, culture and community.
At Retrospect, our vision is to build the safest and freest space for marginalized people and social outcasts to practice self-love and joy. We want to curate an environment for makers form all backgrounds to be able to create at the intersection of innovation and culture.
Work with Us
We’re looking for generalists and specialists. Career shifters, and planned it out since you were young. Whatever your background is, we invite you to see if we might be a match for you.
As a Head of Design / Creative Director at Retrospect, your role will be to drive and lead how we authentically and creatively show up within the business landscape, and craft unique ways to strengthen our voice in the market as design experts.
As a Creative Leader, your role will be to operate as a player-coach, in active creation and driving inspiration and collaboration for the Design team and cross-functional partners to to explore and develop new possibilities and experiences. You will report directly to the Co-Founder/CEO.
Responsibilities & Capabilities:
- Develop hypotheses and ideas to unlock new innovative experiences within and across Retrospect to maximize value for people, partners, and brands
- Collaborate at a high level across internal and external teams to develop, prototype, and deploy new solutions across Brand Strategy & Storytelling, Digital Marketing, UI/UX Research & Design, and Business Strategy
- Lead the vision and development of presentations/proposals needed to bring concepts and experiences to life, and drive pitching/alignment with partners/clients
- Internally and externally evangelize the power of great creative work and quality design to shift perception and drive results
Creative Direction & Management
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team of 4-6 full-time and freelance designers and copywriters
- Manage 3-5 concurrent projects (both short term & retainer projects)
- Coach team based on expertise in research, ideation, design, storytelling and tech to prototype new experiences that will drive value for people, partners, and/or businesses
- Develop processes, resources, guidelines, and templates that empower teams to create beautiful and thoughtful brand and consumer executions.
- Contribute to the identification, planning, resourcing of key opportunities to explore new business opportunities and creative frontiers
- 9+ experience in design and creative direction
- 3+ years of experience leading teams through inclusive design practices and process development
- Experienced background as a creative director, copywriting, and/or designer with a portfolio of projects
- Knowledge of the current state of design, technology, and product possibilities
- High proficiency in Adobe Suite and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, etc.), with an active willingness to learn and adapt new tools as needed
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-focused environment
- Track record of delivering consistent performance and growth in your people
- Drive for continuous development and ability to scope and manage to multiple simultaneous projects with limited direction
- An expert collaborator who thrives on collaborating with other creatives, partners, and disciplines
- Ability to maintain a culture of respect within the team to create a positive work environment
- Avid learner, innovative, highly entrepreneurial, and deeply passionate about the value to bring to people and brands
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful content and user experiences
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make thoughtful decisions while building culturally-nuanced solutions
Nice to Have (but not required!):
- Knowledge of the social media platforms and their portfolio of products
- Experience as an Art Director or Copywriter in agency or in-house environments; experience with lifestyle or cultural-impact brands preferred
- Experience with TypeScript, HTML, CSS
- Experience building on Wordpress, Squarespace, EditorX/Wix, Shopify, and Webflow
- Experience with copywriting and UX writing
Benefits & Perks:
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Company sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k (with match) and paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation policy