We are who we are, and at the heart for what we do is our unique perspective, culture and community.
At Retrospect, our vision is to build the safest and freest space for marginalized people and social outcasts to practice self-love and joy. We want to curate an environment for makers form all backgrounds to be able to create at the intersection of innovation and culture.
Work with Us
We’re looking for generalists and specialists. Career shifters, and planned it out since you were young. Whatever your background is, we invite you to see if we might be a match for you.
As a Senior Designer at Retrospect, your role as an early design hire will be to help establish our Design & Technology team’s mark on the business and strengthen our voice in the market as design experts. Your role will be cross-functional by nature — you will work with Sales, Strategy, and Operations to deliver exceptional client work and experiences; you will work with Design & Technology to help build internal culture and processes, and you will work with the design team to help strengthen our creative voice in the world reporting to our Head of Design.
You should have an appreciation for storytelling and design, a perspective on how you'd scale your work processes, and an excitement for creating efficiently & quickly. As one of the early-stage members of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an outsize impact beyond the traditional Designer role. We know it’s a big ask — so we’ll work together as a team to collectively get the work done.
Responsibilities & Capability:
- Collaborate with Sales and Design to build short term and long term solutions for a diverse set of industries and clients
- Lead, shape, and develop new features and functionality for internal tools to support the needs of the Retrospect team
- Develop concepts and design processes for client projects, particularly for Brand Identity, Integrated Campaign Development, Creative Direction and Web / Mobile App Design
- Curate mood, concept and storyboards for branded content, working alongside a copywriter and/ or strategist to communicate strong ideas and brand narratives
- Define and create visual language for internal and client projects as an extension of the brand creative strategies
- Practice Idea conception, design and sometimes execution of digital visuals to be used in online advertising and digital marketing.
- Creative asset and graphic design production, including exporting designs across various formats, generating simple motion graphics, ensuring ADA web compliance for digital and resizing layouts across mediums
- Create wireframes, sitemaps, high fidelity UI, web design systems and prototypes for web experiences
- Maintain the filing structure and project work archival process on team’s digital asset management system
- Participate in the creation and collaboration process for presentation design and storytelling for current and prospective client work
- 6+ years of experience working within a creative / design environment
- Understanding of design tools ie Figma, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Keynote
- Ability to work with non-designers and provide instruction on how to navigate design tools
- Ability to create concepts and create visual assets with limited direction
- Portfolio demonstrating experience with designing branded content, experiences, marketing campaigns and web designs
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make thoughtful decisions while building culturally-nuanced solutions
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful content and user experiences
- Willingness to learn and adapt new tools
Nice to Have (but not required!):
- Experience with TypeScript, HTML, CSS
- Experience building on Wordpress, Squarespace, EditorX/Wix, Shopify, and Webflow
- Experience with copywriting and UX writing
Benefits & Perks:
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Company sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k (with match) and paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation policy