At Retool, we’re changing the way software is built. We’ve developed the fastest way to build internal tools, saving companies time, resources, and engineering bandwidth. Whether it’s refunding orders, underwriting loans, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, analyzing transactions, or providing customer support, Retool makes it dramatically faster and easier to build internal tools that teams need. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster building a lot more software. We’re looking for highly collaborative people as we build a world-class team to support this mission and we’d love for you to join us!
WHY WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU:
Retool is changing the way software is built. We’ve developed the fastest way to build internal tools, saving companies time, resources, and engineering bandwidth. We’re looking for the right people as we build a world-class team to support this mission.
For the first time, Retool is moving from a "bring your own data" approach to fully managing your persistence stack for you. Not only are we fully managing SQL, but we are also maintaining the delightful interface for direct manipulation, which can function as any customer's first internal tool. The key projects that this team tackles include exposing underlying connection strings while supporting rate limiting, so that our users can leverage RetoolDB in their server, seamless migrations and environment management. Our RetoolDB team has an ambitious growth plan and we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to help scale this team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with product management and product designers
- Manage a fullstack team of engineers; support the team by identifying growth opportunities, providing continuous feedback and performance management as appropriate.
- Define your team strategy and ensure execution to maximize business impact for the RetoolDB team
- Meet with customers to better understand product sentiment
- Introduce scalable, repeatable processes that help engineering and product teams deliver a successful product.
- Partner with recruiting on building out a diverse team of engineers
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- 3+ years of experience successfully leading and managing teams
- Champion for engineering through macro process changes
- Deep technical understanding; we don’t expect you to code, but you should be able to navigate our codebase and engage deeply on design and architecture.
- A history of orienting teams and setting strategy toward engineering goals, with a bias toward impact.
- Experience successfully recruiting, building, and scaling teams.
- Operating as a business-owner – caring deeply about our customers, product, and team
- Thoughtfulness around engineering culture, process, and identity
- The ability to navigate ambiguity, manage stakeholders, communicate in a structured manner, and drive maximal accountability and excellence.
- A collaborative skillset to partner effectively with product, design, and go-to-market teams.
Retool offers generous benefits to all employees. For more information, please visit the benefits and perks section of our careers page!