At Retool, we’re changing the way software is built. We’ve developed the fastest way to build internal tools, saving companies time, resources, and engineering bandwidth. Whether it’s refunding orders, underwriting loans, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, analyzing transactions, or providing customer support, Retool makes it dramatically faster and easier to build internal tools that teams need. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster building a lot more software. We’re looking for highly collaborative people as we build a world-class team to support this mission and we’d love for you to join us!
Deployed Engineers are responsible for retaining and growing Retool’s most strategic customers. We’re highly technical and customer-obsessed, and we take a solutions-first mindset. We work side by side with our customers to brainstorm new app ideas, improve existing apps, and improve the Retool platform. From running a business review with customer executives to building out a critical app that helps a customer’s business operate more efficiently, our work is different each day. We are app-building experts with relentless curiosity and a desire to transform how our customers build software. As the leader of the Deployed Engineering team, you will be responsible for building this team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL:
- Be measured by the Net Dollar Retention (NDR) for the customers that your team manages
- Manage and grow a global team of Deployed Engineers and Deployed Engineering Managers
- Articulate a clear vision on how Retool can drive operational excellence throughout our customer base
- Be a trusted advisor to our customers on how Retool will forever change how their software development processes
- Deliver an integrated customer experience that empowers our builders to build beautiful apps, blazingly fast
- Help the business achieve overall revenue targets by partnering with Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Product, Revenue Operations, and other departments to drive customer retention and expansion
- Identify product adoption opportunities (and challenges) and regularly present a point of view that improves the product
- Identify and foster technical skills that your team should acquire as the Retool platform expands into new product areas
- Be an influential voice, guiding the strategic direction of the wider Success team
- Be an escalation point for your team as they encounter technical challenges and opportunities with our customers
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- History of driving positive customer experiences and outcomes
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- 10+ years of experience managing global teams
- 15+ years of relevant experience in a customer-facing role for example, Customer Success, Consulting, or Account Management
- Strong technical experience, particularly in the area of building apps (web or mobile)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take on open-ended problems in unstructured environments
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems during calls with technical customers
Retool offers generous benefits to all employees. For more information, please visit the benefits and perks section of our careers page!