At Retool, we’re changing the way software is built. We’ve developed the fastest way to build internal tools, saving companies time, resources, and engineering bandwidth. Whether it’s refunding orders, underwriting loans, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, analyzing transactions, or providing customer support, Retool makes it dramatically faster and easier to build internal tools that teams need. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster building a lot more software. We’re looking for highly collaborative people as we build a world-class team to support this mission and we’d love for you to join us!
WHY WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU:
Tens of thousands of customers already rely on us to run their businesses, but there’s many more that haven’t heard of Retool yet! The Marketing team helps connect Retool’s products with customers and prospects in new and unique ways, and sets us up to achieve our long-term mission. This role will be crucial in upleveling every aspect of content at Retool and expanding how content impacts demand generation and brand and everything in between.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Make content a strategic advantage for Retool, helping drive from idea to execution on everything from editorial content and surgical SEO to engineering blog posts and new channel experimentation.
- Be responsible for content across the funnel for a very technical audience of developers and engineering teams.
- Uplevel our content at every stage: brand and editorial content, our engineering blog, top of funnel drivers like guides and tutorials, and consideration collateral like case studies and whitepapers.
- Set and hold our team responsible for the right content metrics to measure the impact of our output, with both short-term and longer-term horizons (e.g. SEO and other bets take time to mature).
- Experiment with the channels and content types we produce to meet our audience where they are—help the org take creative risks to find new ways to connect with and delight developers.
- Expand our SEO opportunities by working with our product team; execute a surgical SEO strategy to increase the impact of every piece of content we produce.
- Partner with in-house subject matter experts across engineering, product, developer experience, sales, and more to extract the best stories and ideas from the organization.
- Build scalable editorial processes to increase content throughput to help Retool meet its ambitious goals for our current and future stages of growth; partner with a roster of freelancers and agencies to produce a steady drumbeat of content.
- Set and establish the voice for Retool through our content, and coach others (other team members, as well as external writers) to write in the Retool style.
- Support the broader marketing and DX team to expand our reach on topics as needed, produce content pieces to support product launches, and help connect the team with writers.
THE SKILLSET YOU'll BRING:
- 8-10+ years of experience in Content Marketing or editorial roles and at least 2+ years leading the function
- Deep experience working with technical audiences (developers, engineering managers, technical PMs, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication chops
- Strong sense of curiosity and first principles thinking—bring your intuition, but leave behind any playbooks
- Track record of building content programs that span SEO work, editorial and brand, and engineering content
- The ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships with technical teams and the rest of the marketing org
Retool offers generous benefits to all employees. For more information, please visit the benefits and perks section of our careers page!