At Retool, we’re changing the way software is built. We’ve developed the fastest way to build internal tools, saving companies time, resources, and engineering bandwidth. Whether it’s refunding orders, underwriting loans, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, analyzing transactions, or providing customer support, Retool makes it dramatically faster and easier to build internal tools that teams need. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster building a lot more software. We’re looking for highly collaborative people as we build a world-class team to support this mission and we’d love for you to join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM:Tens of thousands of customers rely on us to run their businesses. The Retool Product team helps build the products that make our customers successful with Retool and set us up to achieve our long-term mission. You’ll be joining as one of the founding members of the Product team
The New Products team is responsible for conceiving of, and building, products outside of our core product. You’ll conceive a vision for how Retool can expand into different customer segments and markets, and you’ll be building products from zero to one against that vision.
- Serve as a founding member of the product function at Retool
- Help set the direction of Retool’s product
- Work with engineering and product to set the roadmap for your product area
- Understand our customers by talking with customers, a lot, interacting with go-to-market teams, and digging into product data. Help the rest of the organization understand our customers as well.
- Develop effective product briefs that help us build the right products
- Collaborate with go-to-market to launch new features and products to our customers
- Identify new opportunities and product areas for Retool to pursue
- Measure, analyze and report to the organization on the success of our products
- Help build the foundations for a high-performing Product team at Retool
THE SKILLSET YOU'll BRING:
- 4+ years of product management experience at a fast-growing technology company
- Proven track record of having successfully shipped large scope products with impact
- Ability to work collaboratively with engineering, design and go-to-market teams
- Strong customer-first mindset, with a talent for translating customer problems into the right product solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ownership mindset to do whatever is needed to deliver the best product to our customers
- Deep curiosity and knowledge of your customers and products
- Ability to take on open-ended problems in unstructured environments
- Prefer technical and customer-facing backgrounds
- Prefer experience in building products for developers and in priority domains such as development and source control frameworks, access controls, and launching new products
OUR U.S. BENEFITS:
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(K) plan enrollment and matching up to an effective rate of 4%
- Paid company holidays and unlimited time off; take what you need!
- Annual continuing education stipend
- Paid parental leave and family planning support
- Wellness benefits including mental health, meditation support, OneMedical membership