At Retina, our team (former Facebook, PayPal, and Stanford alums) has built a product that can predict individual customer lifetime value at the earliest point of customer contact and changed how brands view their relationships with their customer. We use data science to predict future buying behavior of consumers and recommend actions that businesses can take around those predictions.
Our APIs connect directly to a company’s data warehouse and start to make recommendations on how they should move marketing, customer service and retention dollars towards the more profitable customers. In customer acquisition alone, Retina has the opportunity to optimize a $389 billion industry spend.
We recently raised our series A funding and work with brands like Dollar Shave Club, Nestlé, Madison Reed, and Capital One. We have more than 10x our revenue in the last year and we’re looking for the brightest minds who believe in data driven decision making at scale to join our growing team!
As a Senior Data Scientist, you'll oversee proof of concept solutions for Retina's products managed by the Decision Sciences Pod. You'll work on a cross-functional team with the mission to improve how decisions are made about customers using CLV. You'll build the team's models, algorithms, and data frameworks while reporting to the Head of Data. Our headquarters are located in Santa Monica, CA and we're remote with a hybrid option at this time.
- Translate product specifications into well-posed problems with models
- Implement your concepts using Python and visual aids, using real and simulated data
- Provide results on pace with the team's Sprint cycle
- Prioritize simple and correct solutions above complex or interesting ones
- Work with software engineers to write (and test) packages that scale
- Work with product managers to narrate our competitive advantage and "secret sauce"
- 4+ years of experience working in a field that uses data to answer challenging questions
- Advanced degree in a related field or equivalent
- Awareness of A/B tests, multi-armed bandits, control theory, convex optimization, statistical regression, machine learning
- Knowledge or interest in platforms for understanding customers
- Experience working with engineers and product managers to launch SaaS products
- Experience with Git, Python, Spark, Jupyter, test frameworks, and Agile.
- Meaningful equity compensation
- Great compensation package
- Full healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness stipend
- Workstation stipend + work from anywhere
- And more!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are a people-oriented company; this means taking care of our team members is critical to our success. We believe that if we hire the smartest people and invest in them, a high-performing team -- and subsequently a high performing company -- will flourish.
Here's why you'll love working at Retina:
Take ownership of products, client relationships, and the trajectory of your role. Working in a startup means you’re a vital member of a small team — and your work will definitely be recognized.
Our product is solving business challenges in new and exciting ways. You’ll deliver capabilities companies don’t even know they need yet, and learn amazing things along the way.
Your coworkers will be the type of people who take risks, welcome new perspectives, and live for great new ideas. Learn how to approach problems differently and with agility.
Encounter endless opportunities that fall outside of your wheelhouse. At Retina, you will try out new skills and gain valuable experience that puts you on a career path you love.
You can always rely on your team. Our culture is all about learning, growing, and working together to build something great. Find out what it’s like to work with the best.
We also have some amazing benefits and perks that include:
Health Coverage: 99% health coverage for employees and 75% for dependents. (BlueShield PPO Platinum)
Vacation: Unlimited vacation and ample sick leave
Setup Your Own Kit: Buy what you need to get a comfortable work environment (Pick your laptop, headphones and any other accessories needed)
Conferences: 1 Paid conference and unlimited conferences where you present)
Health and Education: $250 per month towards Gym, Books, Audiobooks, or Safari Books online
Meal & Coffee Card: $250 Debit card each month for meals, coffee, etc.