At Retina, our team (former Facebook, PayPal, and Stanford alums) has built a product that can predict individual customer lifetime value at the earliest point of customer contact and changed how brands view their relationships with their customer. We use data science to predict future buying behavior of consumers and recommend actions that businesses can take around those predictions.
Our APIs connect directly to a company’s data warehouse and start to make recommendations on how they should move marketing, customer service and retention dollars towards the more profitable customers. In customer acquisition alone, Retina has the opportunity to optimize a $389 billion industry spend.
We recently raised our series A funding and work with brands like Dollar Shave Club, Nestlé, Madison Reed, and Capital One. We have more than 10x our revenue in the last year and we’re looking for the brightest minds who believe in data driven decision making at scale to join our growing team!
The Decision Sciences pod is a new product development team with the mission to empower better decisioning using customer data. We build and sell products that drive actionability for savvy marketers and customer analytics managers. Our scientists, engineers, and designers leverage Retina’s trusted CLV scores to design world-class solutions.
As a Full Stack Engineer for Decision Sciences, you’ll be responsible for developing robust, scalable full-stack technical solutions for Retina’s new wave of products. You will own the technical development of software products and deployment to serverless web applications. Our current tech stack includes Python, Spark, VueJS, ExpressJS, and AWS Lambda. You will report to the Head of Engineering as you progress along your career track, and work closely with the Decision Sciences Pod Lead to drive company impact.
- Full stack web application development including but not limited to: Frontend (React.js/Vue.js) and Backend (Express/Node.js, Python) running on AWS Lambda
- Work with Engineering to build data integrations on a cloud platform to meet SLA requirements
- Design and develop UI/UX throughout product iterations
- Deliver effective and reliable results on pace with the team’s Sprint cycle
- Coordinate feature releases, keep other pods informed, and integrate with other products at the company
- Collaborate with data scientists to write and test packages that execute new solutions
- Collaborate with product to scope, prioritize and plan product features
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Full-stack development experience with serverless systems an cloud platforms like AWS or GCP
- Strong background in VueJS or ReactJS, Relational databases, and Restful APIs
- Experience the Agile framework
- Familiarity with developing test suites and assisting with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with SaaS and knowledge of marketing tech stack products
We are a people-oriented company; this means taking care of our team members is critical to our success. We believe that if we hire the smartest people and invest in them, a high-performing team -- and subsequently a high performing company -- will flourish.
Here's why you'll love working at Retina:
Take ownership of products, client relationships, and the trajectory of your role. Working in a startup means you’re a vital member of a small team — and your work will definitely be recognized.
Our product is solving business challenges in new and exciting ways. You’ll deliver capabilities companies don’t even know they need yet, and learn amazing things along the way.
Your coworkers will be the type of people who take risks, welcome new perspectives, and live for great new ideas. Learn how to approach problems differently and with agility.
Encounter endless opportunities that fall outside of your wheelhouse. At Retina, you will try out new skills and gain valuable experience that puts you on a career path you love.
You can always rely on your team. Our culture is all about learning, growing, and working together to build something great. Find out what it’s like to work with the best.
We also have some amazing benefits and perks that include:
Health Coverage: 99% health coverage for employees and 75% for dependents. (BlueShield PPO Platinum)
Vacation: Unlimited vacation and ample sick leave
Setup Your Own Kit: Buy what you need to get a comfortable work environment (Pick your laptop, headphones and any other accessories needed)
Conferences: 1 Paid conference and unlimited conferences where you present)
Health and Education: $250 per month towards Gym, Books, Audiobooks, or Safari Books online
Meal & Coffee Card: $250 Debit card each month for meals, coffee, etc.