As part of the Technical Operations team you will work with a team of highly technical operations engineers, software engineers, and system architects to deliver five 9’s uptime, with a secure, reliable & performing system.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in 12×7 shifts working with a global team in follow the sun model. ( No Graveyard or Night Shift)
- Provide remote infrastructure support for our SaaS, PaaS, IaaS products across globally distributed data centres
- Automate OS and application deployments using tools such as WDS, Cobbler and Puppet
- Conduct regular patch management and system maintenance to ensure the health of platforms/servers
- Set up health checks for systems & applications in monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagios, SolarWinds etc
- Troubleshoot and fix issues meeting SLA’s and operational standards
- Manage incidents and escalations as per policies/procedures to meet incident management and uptime SLAs
- Liaise with engineering teams for RCA’s, permanent resolutions on issues using tickets and chat conference rooms
- Identify repetitive tasks and automate using Bash / Ruby / Perl
- Contribute to operations handbook
- Investigate and assess alerts for hardware and schedule replacement or tests
- Initiate emergency maintenance as needed for failed/failing hardware (drives, RAID controllers, power supplies, etc)
- Provide guidance to L1 monitoring regarding hardware status/health, complicated server health analysis
- Ensure smooth hand-offs between shifts
Who you are:
- You must be an expert in Linux/Unix Operating system fundamentals, file system troubleshooting and various tools/ services that are available by default with the Operating system
- You are an expert on all things related to keeping a Linux, Apache, MYSQL stack up running and secure
- You have advanced skills troubleshooting skills on Dell and Supermicro Hardware along with Raid controllers from Dell, LSI & Adaptec
- You have a passion for system monitoring tools and are a hands on expert at maintaining tools like Nagios, Zabbix, cacti, Ganglia, etc
- You always looking for scope to automate and build tool to expedite repetitive task
- Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Expert level skills with Scripting/Programming in Bash/PERL/Ruby/Python/Go (any) and a good understanding of regular expressions
- At least 4 years of hosting industry experience working on large cluster of servers running common web hosting panels like cPanel, Plesk, website Panel, Parallels virtuozzo etc
- In depth knowledge of how the Internet works (HTTP, DNS, Streaming, Mails etc.) and experience in configuring and optimizing services (DNS,Webserver,Mail) and the infrastructure necessary to support a dynamic website (load balancers, connecting to databases, etc.)
- Expertise with configuring IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tool.
- Good understanding of various other technology stack like Networking, Central storage & Data Center operations.
- You have networking experience including packet decoding, layer 2 switching basics and a good understanding of the OSI model
- Experience in file systems like ext3/4, XFS, ZFS, btrfs, NAS, SAN, SAMBA etc
- Expert level knowledge in server hardening by managing IPTables, CSF, Firewalld. Selinux
- Hands on experience with virtualisation technology Citrix XenServer/VMWare/KVM
Why you’ll love us:
- Celebrate with us. We work hard every single day. But we do take a break for Friday Night Chill Sessions and our Annual Parties. We host these parties once every quarter for all our employees across the organization during which they can showcase their talents with our colleagues outside of a formal environment. The goal is to come together as one big Endurance family!
- Brain breaks. We encourage employees to work in teams not only on projects but also through fun activities. Corners of our offices are equipped with Carrom tables, Table Tennis, Foosball, Pool and video games which help them connect in fun ways.
- Leave your worries aside! Juggling the demands of career and personal life can be stressful and challenging but don't worry! Our employee's assistance program services provide free, confidential, short-term counselling/ legal aid/ taxation advice. This benefit is also extended to immediate family members.
- Volunteering is at our core. We are all about learning and creating an impact that is beneficial to the environment and surrounding communities. At Endurance, we encourage participation as we mindfully make a difference by hosting various "Share and Care activities"
- Did someone say free domain? Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs.
- We keep you well fed and hydrated. Why miss on quality family time at home by preparing meals? Our best chefs cook meals that are filled with love. On days you feel fitness conscious? Our chefs are at your services daily to toss the best salads, and fruit bowls. All at a subsidized rate. We also provide a host of snacks and beverages free of cost.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!