Software Engineers at Endurance develop engaging, responsive, scalable & reliable web services and web-presence products for our 4+ million subscriber base.
At Endurance, we build the web. Our products range from Web hosting, VPS, Dedicated servers, Security, Backups, Cloud, Optimized CMS's, Ecommerce and complex scale-as-you-grow solutions. Our company's world-class family of brands includes Bigrock, Resellerclub, LogicBoxes, Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, A Small Orange, MOJO Marketplace among others.
As a Lead engineer in the Software Engineering team, you will work with a team of highly technical Software engineers, Operation Engineers, Product Managers etc to engineer great products, deliver five 9's uptime, build reliable systems, tools & automate processes. Our teams are small, incredibly impactful. We're highly-motivated, engaged, and empowered to make a difference. We're looking for talented engineers with a strong engineering background and a penchant for solving complex technical problems. Does this sound like you?
What you’ll do:
- Work with a high performance team of software engineers to design & develop world- class, highly available, scalable & reliable products / web services in the IaaS, SaaS, PaaS space
- Understand requirements, own, collaborate and deliver new features and services at a fast pace
- Use MVC frameworks, OOPs concepts, SOA concepts to build loosely coupled applications, scalable applications
- Participate in the entire lifecycle of the product - design, documentation, coding, testing and deployment
- Participate in the prioritization, scoping and scheduling processes for new products and features
- Learn new technology & practices, mentor the team and conduct training sessions - devote time for learning and continuous improvement of self and team
- Build platforms, frameworks , APIs, libraries & automated tools to facilitate rapid issue resolution and development & deployment of new features and changes
- Imbibe and maintain a strong customer service oriented attitude while designing and building products
- Participate in recruiting the best for your teams
Who you are:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers,etc
- A passion for creating responsive, scalable and reliable web services for small & medium sized businesses
- Proficiency in Operating Systems, Internet, Networking & DNStheory
- 6 years experience building responsive web services in Java or PHP orRuby
- Great understanding of OOPS and design patterns
- Experience with RDBMS like MySQL , PostgreSQLetc
- Experience in building distributed applications, SOA , Restful applications
- Experience with Refactoring, Test Driven Development
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Git/SVN/CVS, Continuous integration & Continuous delivery
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers
- Knowledge of most of these : virtualization, docker, public/private clouds, relational and non relational databases , web architectures , file systems, queueing systems, caching, scaling, sharing, config management, metrics and logging systems
Why you’ll love us:
- Celebrate with us. We work hard every single day. But we do take a break for Friday Night Chill Sessions and our Annual Parties. We host these parties once every quarter for all our employees across the organization during which they can showcase their talents with our colleagues outside of a formal environment. The goal is to come together as one big Endurance family!
- Brain breaks. We encourage employees to work in teams not only on projects but also through fun activities. Corners of our offices are equipped with Carrom tables, Table Tennis, Foosball, Pool and video games which help them connect in fun ways.
- Leave your worries aside! Juggling the demands of career and personal life can be stressful and challenging but don't worry! Our employee's assistance program services provide free, confidential, short-term counselling/ legal aid/ taxation advice. This benefit is also extended to immediate family members.
- Volunteering is at our core. We are all about learning and creating an impact that is beneficial to the environment and surrounding communities. At Endurance, we encourage participation as we mindfully make a difference by hosting various "Share and Care activities".
- Did someone say free domain? Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs.
- We keep you well fed and hydrated. Why miss on quality family time at home by preparing meals? Our best chefs cook meals that are filled with love. On days you feel fitness conscious? Our chefs are at your services daily to toss the best salads, and fruit bowls. All at a subsidized rate. We also provide a host of snacks and beverages free of cost.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!