About the company
ResortPass is completely redefining what it means to be a guest at a hotel. By offering day access to luxury hotel experiences, including breathtaking pools, private beaches, deluxe spas, and more, ResortPass allows people to escape – without ever leaving town. If you’re moved to contribute to our vision, we’d love your help.
Our growing team of innovative tech and hospitality experts has partnered with over 1,000 leading hotels and resorts including Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, Westin, and Fairmont. We’ve connected over 2 million people with relaxation and luxury in their own neighborhoods, making rest more mindful, togetherness more meaningful, and escape more accessible. Fresh off a Series B $30M raise, co-led by Declaration Partners and 14W with additional investment from previous investor Charles River Ventures, and new investors Endeavor, Jessica Alba, Adam Grant and others, ResortPass is at the beginning of creating a new category of hospitality.
ResortPass is seeking an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to lead our talented marketplace team who is passionate about working with teams rapidly solving interesting and large-scale problems. This role will primarily be responsible for the mentorship of the members and oversight of the work of one of the most critical teams within the Technology organization - our consumer-facing Marketplace web & mobile pod. It will also focus on team growth and the partnership between DevOps, QA, Engineering, and IT stakeholders to ensure our platform and processes meet our organization’s needs to build and serve high-quality and reliable products to our guests. As a member of our engineering team, you will have a direct and lasting impact everywhere in the business.
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving unique challenges with fitting solutions and partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible, and communicative, have a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for their work. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing department.
We are a remote-friendly organization and this role can operate anywhere within the US. The base salary for this role will range from $190,000-$210,000 per year plus equity, commensurate with experience.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of 5-10 engineers, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture and focusing on both their day-to-day responsibilities as members of the team and their career growth, interpersonal and leadership skills, and future-facing goals
- Technical Strategy: Work with department leadership and stakeholders to properly plan short and long-term goals and execute a technical roadmap that continues to evolve ResortPass’ infrastructure and Marketplace capabilities and functionality to meet the needs of our guests
- Communication: Effectively work with engineering and product leadership to manage expectations, remove blockers, and ensure adequate resourcing to meet commitments
- Project Management: Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of consumer-facing projects, focusing on quality, scalability, and timelines
- Company Planning: Participate in and lead quarterly goal planning and execution sessions with both your direct reports and your peers, working closely with tech leadership to craft challenging but reachable goals for each
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and cross-functional teams to drive product innovation and excellence
- Recruitment: Actively participate in the recruitment process, including interviewing and hiring top engineering talent
- Technical Expertise: Provide guidance and hands-on support to the team when necessary, leveraging your technical experience & expertise
- Performance Management: Set clear goals and expectations for your team members, conduct regular performance reviews, and provide constructive feedback for growth
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and challenges in projects and proactively implement mitigation strategies
- 3+ years of proven experience as an Engineering Manager, ideally in a consumer marketplace or e-commerce environment
- 8+ years of experience in software development roles with a proven record of working with cross-functional partners
- Experience with strategic planning and technical road mapping that takes into account business and product stakeholders
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, with a passion for building and retaining teams of individuals who are highly motivated and excited about the work they’re contributing to
- Experience managing project processes, resourcing, timelines, and delivery efforts with cross-functional teams; excellent project management and organizational abilities
- Experience driving efficiencies through automation, toolchains, and workflows developers use to write, test, and roll out their code
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Background in mobile application development, with experience in cross-compiled applications a plus
- Experience working within AWS and with its managed products a plus
- Experience working in service-oriented, API-driven application tech stacks and working knowledge of the challenges and gotchas that can bring to the SDLC a plus
- You're a good person. While building a startup is hard, being a good person is not. We are creating a culture of people with whom you would look forward to working. While we offer incredible experiences to our guests, it is just as important to us to foster an incredible culture for our employees.
- Health, Dental & Vision — We're deeply invested in the health and well-being of our team and are proud to contribute to the monthly premiums of these insurance plans.
- Stock Option Plan — We offer employees the opportunity to become part-owners in our mission. Let’s redefine what it means to be a guest, together.
- 401k plan — Save for your future with a 410k plan offering.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) — Enjoy life away from work to be inspired and fully recharge with unlimited paid time off.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual ResortPass credit — Our mission is to bring delight and relaxation to people around the world; including our employees! Access private beaches, deluxe saunas, awesome pools, and much more with your annual credit.