About the company
ResortPass is completely redefining what it means to be a guest at a hotel. By offering day access to luxury hotel experiences, including breathtaking pools, private beaches, deluxe spas, and more, ResortPass allows people to escape – without ever leaving town. If you’re moved to contribute to our vision, we’d love your help.
Our growing team of innovative tech and hospitality experts has partnered with over 1,000 leading hotels and resorts including Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, Westin, and Fairmont. We’ve connected over 2 million people with relaxation and luxury in their own neighborhoods, making rest more mindful, togetherness more meaningful, and escape more accessible. Fresh off a Series B $30M raise, co-led by Declaration Partners and 14W with additional investment from previous investor Charles River Ventures, and new investors Endeavor, Jessica Alba, Adam Grant and others, ResortPass is at the beginning of creating a new category of hospitality.
As the first Art Director at ResortPass, you are at the forefront of one of the most emerging brands in hospitality. You’ll be refining ResortPass’ visual identity, including but not limited to: design systems, photography, marketing collateral, landing pages, and sales materials. While this position will live within the Product team, reporting to our Product Design Manager, you’ll partner with other creatives, strategists, marketers, and sales leads to develop and deliver industry-leading creative that breaks through and connects deeply with our marketplace customers and our hotel partners. Your work will help artfully articulate the vision for the future of “daycations” and build the ResortPass brand.
This is a senior, individual contributor role where you will occupy a central position. You’ll be extremely hands-on, actively shaping creative and design solutions for both large and smaller-scale projects. Above all, you will lead by example by making the most of every opportunity to develop premium creative and help bolster the company’s design culture. To excel in this role, you should have a background characterized by successful brand and product launches spanning a variety of media. Your extensive experience should include deliverables with a premium feel.
We are looking for someone who is located in or near the NYC area, as this role will be onsite in our NYC office 2-3x per week. The base salary for this role will range from $105,000 - $120,000 per year, plus equity, commensurate with experience.
What you’ll do
- Pursue and maintain an exceptional level of craft with the highest design standards and attention to detail across typography, photography, layout, print, and digital
- Develop creative work with strong conceptual and strategic foundations
- Collaborate effectively as an integral part of cross-functional teams to create functional, delightful, and aesthetically pleasing user experiences across all brand touchpoints
- Take the lead in crafting all creative assets for product feature launches and campaigns across multiple touchpoints, including landing pages, emails, advertisements, and both digital and print materials
- Assist in developing effective processes, ensuring that work gets delivered on time, on budget, and to a high standard
- Present work thoughtfully and confidently
- Oversee all aspects of third-party creative management, including: photoshoots, conferences, events,
- Support the company’s growing ambitions and when the time comes, participate in the recruitment and management of additional designers
We encourage candidates to apply even if they don’t have 100% of the below qualifications. We believe in a holistic approach when evaluating talent for our team and post new roles often, so even if this role isn’t quite right, we want to meet you!
- Over 6 years of design experience, with at least 3 years in a senior position
- Proficiency in design software, including Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Strong knowledge of peripheral design processes, such as Photo Art Direction, Illustration Art Direction, Print Production, and collaboration with developers
- Solid grasp of responsive design principles and a mobile-first approach
- Thorough experience with creative testing (usability testing, A/B testing, generative concepting, competitor analysis)
- Comprehensive understanding of online shopping behaviors and how cross-channel and social platforms integrate with e-commerce websites
- Nice-to-have skills: Post-production video editing, photography, animation, AI tools, app store design experience, background in the travel or hospitality industry, and experiential design experience.
- You're a good person. While building a startup is hard, being a good person is not. We are creating a culture of people with whom you would look forward to working. While we offer incredible experiences to our guests, it is just as important to us to foster an incredible culture for our employees.
- Health, Dental & Vision — We're deeply invested in the health and well-being of our team and are proud to contribute to the monthly premiums of these insurance plans.
- Stock Option Plan — We offer employees the opportunity to become part-owners in our mission. Let’s redefine what it means to be a guest, together.
- 401k plan — Save for your future with a 410k plan offering.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) — Enjoy life away from work to be inspired and fully recharge with unlimited paid time off.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual ResortPass credit — Our mission is to bring delight and relaxation to people around the world; including our employees! Access private beaches, deluxe saunas, awesome pools, and much more with your annual credit.