About the company
ResortPass is completely redefining what it means to be a guest at a hotel. By offering day access to luxury hotel experiences, including breathtaking pools, private beaches, deluxe spas, and more, ResortPass allows people to escape – without ever leaving town. If you’re moved to contribute to our vision, we’d love your help.
Our growing team of innovative tech and hospitality experts has partnered with over 1,000 leading hotels and resorts including Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, Westin, and Fairmont. We’ve connected over 2 million people with relaxation and luxury in their own neighborhoods, making rest more mindful, togetherness more meaningful, and escape more accessible. Fresh off a Series B $30M raise, co-led by Declaration Partners and 14W with additional investment from previous investor Charles River Ventures, and new investors Endeavor, Jessica Alba, Adam Grant and others, ResortPass is at the beginning of creating a new category of hospitality.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic VP of Finance to be at the center of all financial activities of the business including, but not limited to, overseeing accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, FP&A, budget optimization, and investor relations. We are looking for a leader who will establish creative and agile practices. We expect this person to play a critical role in supporting the daily growth of our company. Reporting into the CEO, this team member will be a key addition to the leadership team and will support by informing company strategy from a financial perspective.
We are looking for someone who is located in or near the NYC area, as this role will be onsite in our NYC office 2-3x per week.The base salary for this role will range from $225,000-$250,000 per year plus equity, commensurate with experience.
What you'll do:
- Develop and own all aspects of the company’s financial planning and analysis, forecasting, accounting, strategic finance, and reporting with a focus on strategic decision-making, as well as tactical day-to-day delivery
- Manage budgeting and planning, cost management, forecasting, financial modeling, and reporting
- Own and generate financial models and forecasts, monitor core performance metrics on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, and communicate reports across the business
- Expand and further standardize accounting and financial processes across the entire organization; lead the monthly accounting close and reporting process
- Contribute to the development of the company’s strategic goals and objectives in alignment with our mission and growth
- Develop and leverage a deep understanding of the key drivers of the various business levers; help drive strategic and operational initiatives as the business grows and scales
- Collaborate with team leaders to strategize and define team budgets, hiring plans, and other key performance indicators
- Provide analytical support to the leadership team including development of internal management reporting capabilities including financial metrics (KPI) and non-financial metrics (OKR)
- Develop presentations and analytical materials to be presented to the leadership team, the board of directors, and investors
- Lead and evaluate the company's fundraising plans and capital structure
- 4+ years in investment banking, private equity, or VC
- 5+ years of experience in finance at a fast-growing tech startup (marketplace preferred)
- Strong technical accounting and reporting skills
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including ability to negotiate and resolve conflict
- Highly strategic, but also tactical, with a high sense of urgency and execution speed
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- You're a good person. While building a startup is hard, being a good person is not. We are creating a culture of people with whom you would look forward to working. While we offer incredible experiences to our guests, it is just as important to us to foster an incredible culture for our employees.
- Health, Dental & Vision — We're deeply invested in the health and well-being of our team and are proud to contribute to the monthly premiums of these insurance plans.
- Stock Option Plan — We offer employees the opportunity to become part-owners in our mission. Let’s redefine what it means to be a guest, together.
- 401k plan — Save for your future with a 410k plan offering.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) — Enjoy life away from work to be inspired and fully recharge with unlimited paid time off.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual ResortPass credit — Our mission is to bring delight and relaxation to people around the world; including our employees! Access private beaches, deluxe saunas, awesome pools, and much more with your annual credit.