CRAFT MEETS COMFORT. At Resident, we believe your living space shouldn’t just look good, it should feel good. That’s why we’ve created a house of brands that focuses on quality materials, timeless style, and most importantly, comfort. Our current brands include the award-winning Nectar, DreamCloud, Awara, and Siena products and we continue to invest in new categories to broaden our offering and address our customer's needs.
Since our inception in 2017, Resident has become one of the fastest-growing, scaled, and profitable omnichannel retailers in North America. We are a disruptor in the broader home furnishings category underpinned by deep and proven expertise in data science & analytics, performance marketing, and e-commerce technology. As our business continues to grow, we are focused on building world-class retail, finance, operations, logistics, data science, performance marketing, and customer success-driven teams that thrive in a modern work environment.
At Resident, our staff is dedicated to the values of Excellence, Customer Love, Big Thinking, Inclusivity, and Forward Momentum.
To be considered for this remote opportunity, you must reside and be authorized to work within the United States.
- Account for revenue under US GAAP and in accordance with company accounting policies
- Prepare monthly revenue-related journal entries for both retail and DTC channels
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform flux analysis on respective balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Achieve completion of all month/quarter/annual close processes timely and in adherence to close calendar
- Collaborate with Technical Accounting on appropriate accounting for new or revised revenue contracts
- Partner with FP&A on budget/forecast and close results
- Design, document, implement, and execute internal controls to ensure revenue and A/R transactions and balances are accurately reported
- Perform analysis and provide insight into account balance details and drivers of change
- Support external audit by providing timely and accurate support schedules as requested
- Continuous evaluation and identification of process improvements
- Cultivate strong partnerships with Accounting, Finance, Sales, and other functions
- Mentor and develop junior staff members
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and tasks as requested
- Handle special projects related to technology, systems, automation, new initiatives, or other requests
- Ability to work in ambiguous, unstructured, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Accountable to content of work product and meeting deadlines
- Ability to multi-task with strong sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess agility and ability to prioritize
- Collaborative with others at all levels within and outside Finance
- Self-motivated, proactive, and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently without a lot of guidance
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to turn a thought into execution
- Process mindset with continuous improvement mentality
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with developing, implementing, and executing effective internal controls
- Comfortable with change and quick leaner of new skills, processes, tools, and accounting concepts
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, lookups, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- CPA (or path to it) required; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of work experience in an Accounting role
- Big 4 and or public company experience preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP, ASC 606, and internal controls
- Prior revenue accounting experience (ASC 606) strongly preferred
- NetSuite experience a plus
What We Offer (subject to eligibility requirements):
- Remote-first workplace (since 2016!)
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- HSA company contributions
- 401K with company match component
- “Take what you need” PTO
- Wellness benefits
- WFH office and cell phone/internet stipend
- A FREE MATTRESS plus an awesome Friends and Family discount!
If you reside in a state or location where pay transparency laws or regulations have been adopted please read the following: The salary for this position is of $100,000 - $115,000. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background, skills, qualifications, experience, geographic location and other non-discriminatory factors. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. [Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments]. For more information regarding the pay range applicable for this position, please contact us at People@residenthome.com
Resident is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with offices in New York City, London, Tel Aviv, and manufacturing operations in Jeffersonville, IN. Learn more at: https://www.residenthome.com
Resident is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Resident Home participates in E-Verify.