Medical Assistant/Receptionist at a new health center located in downtown NYC. We have a membership-based model, delivering exceptional primary care with same/next-day appointments and curated wellness services.
About Reside Health (www.reside.health)
We believe that patients, clinicians and staff deserve a better healthcare experience. Patients experience a system that is fragmented, inaccessible, and impossibly complicated. Clinicians and medical staff feel rushed for time, overbooked and unable to provide the most comprehensive care for their patients.
We want to change that starting with primary care. Primary care is the backbone of excellent healthcare and vital to the wellbeing of a community. We believe great primary care means providing easy access wherever and whenever patients need it most, whether that’s by phone, email, in-person, or at home. We also believe medicine is a team sport and great primary care means connecting patients to a broader community of healthcare professionals and resources that are designed to address each patient’s unique healthcare needs.
To that end, we’re launching a new kind of primary care practice that is integrated with wellness. The Reside Health Medical Center provides comprehensive primary care, telehealth, insurance navigation, and wellness services, serving employees online and at their place of work. We offer preventive care, chronic care management, same-day/walk-in availability for sick visits, and virtual visits. In our team-based approach, physicians, nurses, medical assistants, and staff all work together to deliver exceptional care.
The co-founders of Reside are two Internal Medicine doctors so you will work with physicians that understand the issues in medicine and can create a better experience not just for patients but also the entire care team.
What is the position?
We are looking for a Medical Assistant who will help us provide amazing primary care in our practice. This role will combine both clinical and administrative responsibilities. Because this is a new practice, the ideal candidate is someone who is energetic, excited about working in a new environment, willing to think outside of the box, and passionate about patient care. A passion for technology is also a must-have.
The projected start-date is April 2022. We are accepting full-time applicants only.
Salary: Competitive salary w/ benefits: 401(k), Health/Vision/Dental insurance, Paid time off. Pay $24.00 - $28.00 per hour
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
- Greet patients when they arrive and help get their visit off to a great start
- Manage incoming calls, voice and text messages including fulfilling appointment requests and follow-ups with the team
- Help patients “check-out” by making sure all of their questions are answered and helping them organize any follow-up or referrals
- Perform phlebotomy, vitals, ECGs, blood-spinning, and specimen handling
- Support administrative requests including refills, form completion, prior-auths and processing medical records
- Help manage the office including managing supplies and other equipment
- Assist or chaperone providers whenever needed during procedures and exams
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or equivalent training and experience
- Phlebotomy Certification
- Technologically savvy
- A minimum 4 years experience in primary care or a related area
- A passion for primary care, working in teams, and using technology in smart and innovative ways
We think it will make a positive difference if you…
- First and foremost, are passionate about delivering exceptional medical care
- Excited to be part of a new team
- Excited about how technology can change how we deliver care
- Experience using AthenaClinical electronic medical record
- Want to practice in a team-based setting where other clinical and non-clinical team members collaborate to make decisions and care for patients
- Have strong communications skills with team members and patients
- Take initiative to improve systems, procedures and policies, and are self-motivated
- Have the ability to assess a situation and independently take action to address it
- Get excited about setting up new systems and thinking outside the box
Job Type: Full-time
All applicants must be fully vaccinated/boosted against COVID, including booster dose.