We invite you to come grow with us.
Research Partnership (part of Inizio Advisory) is one of the world's largest pharma market research and consulting agencies with over 300 researchers, consultants, project managers and support staff. Our teams are located across the globe, in Europe (London, Lyon), North America (New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco), India and Singapore.
As individuals with diverse backgrounds, as a team with shared values, as professionals ready to reimagine health and life sciences—you can grow with us at a place that:
- Makes a difference to human health
- Shares values and celebrates progress
- Puts people at the centre of everything
About the role:
This is a new leadership role at Research Partnership which will perform an integral function in taking ownership and accountability for embedding a customer-centric commercial culture and capability across the Research Partnership business. This individual will support the CEO, CFO and Research Partnership Senior Management Team on strategic client negotiations and developing appropriate commercial standards and guidelines aligned with Research Partnership’s commercial and business objectives.
The Director, Commercial Affairs, role will take full ownership of Research Partnership’s pricing strategy, processes and commercial strategy on aspects such as rate cards, discount and rebate schemes. They will also lead or support as necessary all strategic customer contract negotiations.
The role will be the principal point of contact within Research Partnership to support internal account leaders on client legal and procurement negotiations, working together with Inizio group legal, compliance teams and Research Partnership account leaders to reach mutually agreeable outcomes.
Your primary role:
- The Director, Commercial Affairs will advise on and negotiate commercial terms with client procurement (e.g. professional time rates, discounts, rebates, payment terms), working in close partnership with Research Partnership client leaders, finance and legal teams
- The role will be the principal Strategic Pricing lead for Research Partnership, this will include:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a commercial standards & Pricing Charter
- Ownership of the Research Partnership Pricing Tool and governance, including an evolution to value-based pricing (where appropriate), and considering relevant process change and ongoing training required
- Working with account leaders to maintain a client pricing segmentation analysis
- Provision of ad-hoc strategic pricing guidance for large value programs, working with Inizio group pricing team for approvals (where relevant)
- Identifying and leading the implementation of regular gross margin improvement priorities and price increases across the Research Partnership team
- Directing our client level commercial analytics and reporting activities (working with Research Partnership’s Finance team) to inform our client growth targets and account management activities
- Increasing the competence of our client facing teams with commercial and negotiation skills, by identifying development needs and launching appropriate training and development activities
- Oversight of third-party supplier approvals, quality assurance, and cost / rebate negotiations
Your skills and experience:
- A background within an out-sourced professional services environment (e.g. market research or strategy consulting), qualified accountancy, or legal affairs experience is beneficial
- A strong sector-level understanding of the pharmaceutical industry is desired
- Significant experience supporting executive-level commercial strategic decision-making within a business-to-business consulting or services environment
- Experience owning the execution of a commercial or financial function, able to develop and apply best-practice SOPs to be implemented across a diverse team of client and project leads
- Pricing expertise within a professional services, market research or consulting context, able to demonstrate personal involvement in achieving significant gross margin improvement in prior roles
- Capable of using a variety of analytical approaches to model and forecast financial and pricing projections
- Experience working in a matrix management environment and able to prioritise across competing priorities and stakeholders
- You are proactive, dedicated, and enthusiastic
- You demonstrate a high level of commercial and analytical nous
- You work well as part of a leadership team, able to understand competing priorities and challenges
- You have the drive and patience to embed new processes and ways of working across a diverse team
- You communicate ideas and issues in an effective, straightforward fashion
- You are highly motivated and are looking for an opportunity to step into a key, high profile leadership role in our organization
Life at Research Partnership:
We love what we do and continuously strive for innovation and creativity. We believe everyone should continuously be learning and provide the following for all of our teams:
We love what we do and continuously strive for innovation and creativity. We believe everyone should continuously be learning and provide:
- A comprehensive training and development programme for all staff, from entry level apprentice to senior management
- A relaxed and friendly working environment
- Social events - including a summer day out and end-of-year party, along with regular social events after office hours
- Fundraising and charity events – we support Forever Angels, a children's charity whose aim is to care for abandoned babies in Tanzania, Africa, as well as the local charity, Fulham Good Neighbours
About Inizio Advisory:
Research Partnership is part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy; people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
This is a full-time role, working in a hybrid pattern (2 days per week in the office) at our fantastic HQ location in Fulham Green, directly opposite Putney Bridge in London, which boasts free state-of-the-art gym with showers, on-site café, panoramic river views, landscaped gardens and regular social events. The role is also available on a remote worker basis (1 day per month in the office).