We invite you to come grow with us.
Research Partnership (part of Inizio Advisory) is one of the world's largest pharma market research and consulting agencies with over 250 researchers, consultants, project managers and support staff. Our teams are located across the globe, in Europe (London, Lyon), North America (New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco) and Singapore.
As individuals with diverse backgrounds, as a team with shared values, as professionals ready to reimagine health and life sciences—you can grow with us at a place that:
- Makes a difference to human health
- Shares values and celebrates progress
- Puts people at the centre of everything
About the team:
Our Market Access team’s expertise is in pricing and market access with a focus on payer research. The team covers a broad range of therapeutic areas including oncology, rare disease and infectious diseases and vaccines.
Geographically, our core focus is on Europe, the US and other international developed markets with established Health Technology Assessment such as Canada, Australia, South Korea and Japan. We have a strong in-house payer & payer-advising Key Opinion Leader network in these markets which allows us to speak to the most relevant experts for each project. We also have a relatively high proportion of projects in emerging markets, including APAC, MENA, LATAM and CEE, as well as some global health projects in resource-limited settings such as Sub-Saharan Africa and India.
The majority of the team’s projects include landscape assessments based on secondary research followed by a primary qualitative payer research component (e.g. via in-depth interviews, focus groups or advisory boards). Objectives of the studies we work on commonly include pricing and reimbursement potential, willingness to reimburse/fund studies, uncovering payer evidence expectations to feed into evidence generation plans, value message testing/refinement, payer archetyping and indication launch sequencing.
Your skills and experience:
- In-depth knowledge and proven understanding of global payer systems (including EU5, US, LATAM and APAC)
- Track record of developing market access strategy (including Payer Research, Landscape Analysis)
- Is able to add value on projects with minimal support (including data analysis, Storyboarding and slide development, Critical thinking & problem-solving skills, Internal/external interview guides / material development, PowerPoint and Excel deliverables)
Development of staff
- Providing support to senior management day-to-day with regard to the management of junior staff; development and implementation of company procedures / practices
- Taking lead role in outlining the resource requirements for the division, working with RP People Team to identify recruitment priorities. Strong involvement in recruitment process as a leader within the market access division
- Ability to solve technical problems strategically and from a commercial point of view
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to contribute individually and in team settings
- Shows entrepreneurial mindset and passion to grow a book of business for a growing company
- Must have ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to establish credibility in front of senior management at client companies
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
Your primary role:
The Market Access Director will be responsible for leading a team of consultants and analysts and
will play an influential role in shaping the evolution and direction of the market access division of
the business. Reporting into the company’s management team, this position would have shared responsibility for the commercial performance of the division. There will also be a significant responsibility for growing the team via training and recruitment of additional hires. The position will also be responsible for thought leadership, product development and quality, and developing / establishing client relationships. This Director will work alongside other Directors, marketing and business development teams to achieve company goals.
Main duties include:
Planning and strategy
- Help develop and implement the strategic vision and plan for the division that is consistent with company goals and ensures practice achieves strategic goals
- Establish eminence for the practice area with clients via content, publications, presentations, and other client visible mechanisms
- Working closely with other Directors of the business to deliver strategic vision and advise on becoming a top-tier market access and research consultancy
- Writing papers and attending international conferences and meetings such as ISPOR and World EPA
Deliverables and oversight
- Provide critical leadership in developing brand strategy and addressing access and reimbursement issues
- Lead input into Global Market Access projects and engagements
- Oversight and coordination of project plans (i.e., develop costs/budget, resource needs and timelines for projects that meet client objectives)
- Develop proposals and determine appropriate methodologies
- Conducting secondary research reports, advisory boards, training programmes and primary research interviews with a variety of respondent types (primarily Payers and Key Opinion Leaders)
- Leading project teams of Consultants and Analysts to deliver and deliver global projects and deliverables for clients
Client management and business development
- Playing an active role in business development activities including networking, receiving Requests For Proposals, drafting proposals, project costing, managing budgets and client compliance
- Maintain, develop and establish relationships with key client contacts and organisations to develop business/win client sponsorships that are consistent with RP’s strategic goals
- Work with Marketing and Business Development teams to develop targeting, client development plans, and meet sales and service requirements
- Writing papers and attending international conferences and meetings such as International Society For Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research and World Evidence, Pricing & Access
Life at Research Partnership:
We love what we do and continuously strive for innovation and creativity. We believe everyone should continuously be learning and provide:
- A comprehensive training and development programme for all staff, from entry level apprentice to senior management.
- A relaxed and friendly working environment.
- Social events - including a summer day out and Christmas party, along with regular social events after office hours.
- Fundraising and charity events – we support Forever Angels, a children's charity whose aim is to care for abandoned babies in Tanzania, Africa.
About Inizio Advisory:
Research Partnership is part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for health and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy; people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
This is a full-time role, working in a hybrid pattern (2 days per week in the office) at our fantastic HQ location in Fulham Green, directly opposite Putney Bridge in London, which boasts free state-of-the-art gym with showers, on-site café, panoramic river views, landscaped gardens and regular social events. The role is also available on a remote worker basis (1 day per month in the office).