We are looking for a junior software engineer who will focus on client side development (primarily Android) for Republic Wireless. Prior Android or iOS application development experience is nice to have, but ultimately not required. More importantly we are looking for folks who are very curious about smartphone applications, architecture, operating systems, networking, and a solid Java developer. You should not be afraid to learn new concepts and always look for opportunities to make things simpler.
We are looking for engineers to join our team and help with our growing responsibilities. We bias towards action, balancing speed and technical debt. We are not afraid to take on big challenges, but we strive for the simplest solution. Quality is a constant focus. We operate what we build and hold ourselves accountable for the code we write. We operate like a startup, using small teams, you will make meaningful contributions to the product very quickly.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field (recent grads welcome).
- Experience programming in Java, C/C++ or Objective-C.
- Experience using Linux and the Linux tool chain.
- Experience with Android and/or iOS nice to have.
- Prior telecom experience nice to have (VoIP experience would be great).