Republic Wireless is seeking a Data Analyst Intern to join its innovative and dedicated team. In this role, you will serve on a team of analysts and will be a valued contributor in the business’ desire to drive key decisions through the use of data. Success in this role will come through the utilization of skills like SQL, R and Python, as you will be asked to build dashboards in Sisense that aggregate data and clearly visualize the necessary outputs graphically. This role will engage with multiple stakeholders across several departments, so the ideal candidate for this position will possess strong interpersonal skills, the ability to make data-driven proposals across many different functions, and an understanding of how decisions impact each respective part of the business. This position will report to the Manager of Analytics.
- Collaborate with business leaders to understand business problems or curiosities and complete exploratory data analyses to impact key decision making in those areas.
- Build dashboards to allow for the easy tracking of key performance indicators, and be able to mold the tracked data into a clear and cohesive narrative.
- Complete and maintain analyses that help to clearly define the benefits and behaviors of Republic Wireless subscribers, with the ultimate goal of recommending adjustments to offers or processes that will have a positive impact on the business.
- Oversee the optimization of carrier bills, driving efficient and error-free appropriation of monthly service COGS.
- Leverage analytical skills to build complex statistical models, identify trends in large sets of data, and ultimately address business needs.
- Learn and assist with demand forecasting when needed.
- Show commitment to the mission through a willingness to take on ad-hoc tasks for other departments, when necessary.
- Basic SQL skills needed to extract data from various sources like Amazon Redshift.
- Experience extracting, cleaning, joining, and aggregating data across various sources, especially tabular data.
- Experience drawing meaningful conclusions from data, both using descriptive analyses and statistical models.
- Ability to explain analyses clearly to different audiences, including caveats or blind spots.
- Writes clean and concise code with an eye towards reproducibility and efficiency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or comparable spreadsheet software.
- Ability to prioritize, work with multiple departments, and deliver outputs in a timely manner.
- Willingness to adapt to quickly-changing conditions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with tools like Python or R.
- Experience with AWS and GitHub.
- Experience working in planning systems (exposure to Anaplan a plus).