The full-service in-house agency for Republic Wireless is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our fast-thinking creative team.
Are you a generalist with razor-sharp skills, an eye for detail, and a super-creative mind? Do you enjoy UI design as much as you do packaging, branding, and illustration? And can you help us produce effective, world-class, award-winning creative work as we continue to grow? If so, this is a role for you.
We’re group of smart, fun, charming, quick-witted, and strikingly humble people who are changing the world one smartphone at a time. No, seriously. Our goal is to elevate the quality of creativity and brand execution to compete against the nation's top phone providers, all in an environment that’s way more entrepreneurial than any ad agency. We’re a small, fast-paced creative team, but we pride ourselves on our high output, the quality of our work, and ability to multitask.
We’re also one of the best places to work, according to Triangle Business Journal. The Tech Tribune said we’re one of the 10 best tech startups in Raleigh. Plus, WRAL TechWire voted us the most steady startup and our CEO the best startup director. Come work with us!
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for clean and functional design. You must be able to understand and articulate the reason behind your design decisions.
- See the big picture. We’re not just about selling products and service—we’re about helping people fall in love with our brand, live fuller lives, and enjoy themselves more. If you understand that emotion is at the heart of all successful ideas, you can create moments that connect.
- Be versatile. You may be doing UI design one day, animation the next, and print design the day after that. Not to mention ad campaigns, website, social media, email communications, promotions, event signage, and other platforms.
- Be consistent. Enforce current brand standards and help us find new, more effective ways to interpret our brand.
- Focus on improving. Be familiar with industry-wide best practices and build on them through your work. Seek and thrive on candid feedback because it meaningfully improves your designs.
- Bring it across the line. Proactively manage your projects by communicating with your team and our stakeholders, tracking progress, and finding ways to push past limitations or boundaries.
- Know what’s happening. Keep up with design trends and be aware of other brands in our market—subscribing to design publications; following high-profile marketers, designers, and other creatives on social media; and staying active in the design community.
- Be a team player. Collaborate with members of the marketing team and other cross-functional teams to create engaging creative.
- Stay resilient. Know that when we leave good ideas behind, it’s only to push great ideas forward.
- Be an all-around nice person. Just because.
- 1+ years in digital marketing or advertising design
- BA in graphic design or equivalent work experience
- Experience designing websites for desktop and mobile
- Strong, in-depth understanding of design software including Adobe Experience Designer, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Indesign
- A strong portfolio that shows your ability to think conceptually and creatively
- A self-motivated, humble, organized and accountable work ethic
- A sense of humor
- Video editing and/or motion graphics experience