Senior Data Scientist
Office Location| Boston, MA, US
Department: Data Science
The RepTrak Company is the world’s leading provider of reputation intelligence. Across the globe, hundreds of the world’s leading companies leverage our RepTrak® products for measuring and managing reputation. We work closely with organizations’ Chief Communication Officers and Chief Marketing Officers as well as professionals in specialized areas such as risk and reputation management, corporate communications and Public Affairs.
We are developing data-driven products proving that doing and saying the right things is a good business. Good Business. Better World.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our data science team. The role is a blend of hands-on data science work, an eye for innovation, and an understanding of the markets in which we work.
The new Data Scientist / Sr. Data Scientist will be part of our Global Data Science, based in our Boston headquarters.
Specific Responsibilities include
- Develop cutting edge advanced analytics, AI and machine learning algorithms and models to enhance and innovate our data-driven SaaS offerings
- Automate commonly used analyses into POC advanced analytics packages
- Work with text mining, text analytics and NLP
- Manage the creation, development, and iterative improvement of training sets for machine learning solutions that power our core product
- Identify, test and use industry available data science and machine learning packages, tools and platforms
- Create model comparison benchmarks and model selection processes
- Support Engineering in model optimization and productization
- Work with media data to create novel models and work with our cross-functional media team on bringing these models into our products
- Manage strategy for multi-source data collection and merging for advanced analytics and ML/AI modeling
- Work on Media data scraping algorithms
- Deploy a variety of supervised and unsupervised machine learning models, including ensemble methods, deep learning, transfer learning, clustering and other state of the art techniques
- Research latest developments in AI/ML and NLP to keep innovating our solutions and offerings
- 3+ years of experience in Data Science, AI/ML modeling, and data processing and analysis, from the creation of the dataset to the final model in production
- Strong data pre-processing and data manipulation skills
- Data quality and data cleansing techniques
- Strong knowledge of Python and relevant to data science Python packages and tools, including data visualization
- Advanced data analytics skills, including proven hands-on experience of building models in Python with relevant libraries and packages
- Understanding of Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS/Azure/GCP) and ability to use them for developing, training and testing machine learning models, including deep learning models
- Familiarity with TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
- Understanding of the principles of data strategy and architecture
- Familiarity with autoML tools is a plus
- Experience or familiarity with R and/or SPSS is a plus
- Text mining and NLP background is a plus
You will also need to have
- 3+ years’ track record of successfully executing data science projects, including ability to meet deadlines, overcome challenges, manage stakeholder expectations and produce clear deliverables
- Ability to develop new ideas into structured deliverables
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- A technical background and an academic scientific degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or similar
- Sc. or Ph.D. is a plus
The Data Scientist / Sr. Data Scientist role encompasses a compensation package including a competitive salary and a bi-annual performance bonus plan. The RepTrak Company offers a full benefits program including company holidays, paid vacation, and more. The RepTrak Company is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about the firm, please visit our website at https://www.reptrak.com/