About Reproductive Freedom for All (Formerly NARAL Pro-Choice America)
For more than 50 years, Reproductive Freedom for All and its chapters have fought to protect and expand reproductive freedom —including access to abortion and contraception — for everybody. We are powered by our more than 4 million members from every state and congressional district in the country, representing the 8 in 10 Americans who believe every person should have the freedom to make the best decision for themselves about if, when, and how to raise a family.
Reproductive Freedom for All centers diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our organization and our work. Continuously learning from our history, we hold ourselves accountable to achieve reproductive freedom with equitable access for everybody. As the oldest and largest national membership organization primarily focused on advocating for abortion access, we organize and mobilize, galvanizing millions of people to take action to defend reproductive freedom, and shining a spotlight of accountability on bad actors who work to impose their ideological agenda on others. We also work to elect champions for reproductive freedom and advance state and federal legislation to safeguard it. For more information on Reproductive Freedom for All, please visit our website.
About the Role:
Reproductive Freedom for All is searching for a Vice President of National Organizing who is deeply committed to protecting and expanding reproductive rights. Our team is committed to building lasting political power and organizing is core to that mission.
We're in a critical time to take back and protect our reproductive freedoms. Organizing is at the heart of how we'll do it. This is a fast-paced, high-impact role that will be central to executing Reproductive Freedom For All’s 2024 strategy.
This position will have the opportunity to develop and manage Reproductive Freedom For All’s organizing efforts to advance reproductive freedom priorities nationally and in our priority states through grassroots organizing and community building. This senior-level position is on the leadership team reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer and is responsible for ensuring our organizing is innovative, impactful, and aligned with our overall goals.
As the Vice President of National Organizing, you will lead us in designing and managing a national organizing strategy and oversee various members of the organizing department in executing the program. You have experience in successfully building and managing teams that are grounded in intersectional justice. You care about empowering volunteers to take on meaningful roles in this work. You are enthusiastic about using a wide range of strategies to drive campaigns that win bold, transformative change. You take pride in leading a team that is result-oriented and adaptable with excellent judgment, professionalism, and problem-solving skills.
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Classification: Full Time, Management, Exempt, Non-union
Salary Range: $170,000 - $185,000
- Develop and execute a national organizing strategy, working in collaboration with the leadership team to advance Reproductive Freedom For All’s national policy and electoral priorities, while also informing and supporting organizing priorities in chapter states.
- Oversee the organizing department and manage subsequent organizing goals, for national and digital organizing efforts by fostering inclusive strategies.
- Oversee the digital organizing team, supporting national and state-based digital organizing.
- Oversee many buckets within the organizing department, including: digital organizing, training for organizing staff and volunteers, youth organizing, and Action Council efforts and management, all while ensuring an inclusive approach that promotes excellence in organizational outreach.
- Help create inclusive organizing plans and processes to effectively organize in communities of color and organize young people.
- Support the development and management of Action Councils, which aim to mobilize reproductive freedom leaders in channeling their energy into impactful organizing across priority states.
- Supervise the creation of a standardized organizing training and processes, in coordination with the Director of Organizing and Training, to mentor all organizing staff and serve as a central resource for skills development.
- Oversee the creation of volunteer materials such as toolkits, scripts, training modules, and all external resources for volunteers that reflect inclusivity and excellence in content creation and dissemination.
- Refine organizer skills, collaborate across departments, and hold each other accountable on accomplishing goals.
- Collect and analyze data to assess the effectiveness of national organizing efforts. Use data to make informed decisions fostering transparency in decision making processes.
- Manage budget to make strategic investments in organizing events and training, technology and other resources as needed to further organizing goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience (8+ years) of related work experience, such as community organizing or electoral campaign coordination, with a passion for organizing with people as means for change.
- At least four years of experience directly overseeing, managing, or mentoring staff, ideally organizing staff.
- Commitment to not only protecting and expanding reproductive rights, but also supporting other fights for justice and civil rights.
- Considerable experience holding organizers accountable to SMARTIE goals and creating daily, weekly, or monthly metrics via Google Sheets, VAN reports, etc.
- Strong leadership and team management skills enabling collaboration, excellence and inclusion within teams.
- Commitment to the mission of reproductive freedom for everyone.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ideally have experience managing national organizing and or campaign teams for high-profile issues and or candidates.
- Experience in the reproductive freedom space and advocacy background.
- Coordination across several departments and ability to communicate and work internally to effectively accomplish goals.
- Experience creating complex reports in Google Sheets using Pivot Tables and other advanced formulas to compile and display organizing data.
- Additional language skills in addition to English, such as Spanish, is a plus.