Who are we?
Replica is a company tackling the challenges of urban growth.
The Replica team is creating a next-generation urban planning tool that can help cities answer key transportation questions. Replica allows city planners to understand the full impact of their decisions within the rapidly changing world of mobility.
Replica was previously known as the Model Lab at Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
You will be an early member of the Replica team. Replica has offices in both Kansas City and San Francisco, this role is based in Kansas City. Your work will focus on developing customer relationships to ensure that Replica meets and exceeds their needs. This role is the primary interface with our customer agencies in each region that Replica is deployed. In some instances, this will include hundreds of organizations.
We are a small but growing team, currently working with multiple cities across North America. As we expand, we are looking for an experienced Customer Success Manager to ensure that our customers understand and extract the full value of Replica. This role will be responsible for assisting our customers through their entire lifecycle; from data collection, through onboard, and finally into activation. When done well, Replica customers find high utility -- allowing them to solve real problems. This position will also collaborate with other Customer Success teammates to develop best practices and workflow optimizations.
What you have to achieve:
- Within your first month, you will build a deep understanding of our existing deployment process, technology infrastructure, data schema, and assist in the deployment of Replica for new customers. We expect the right candidate to materially improve the process with your experience and recommendations.
- By the end of month three, you will be independently managing your own customer portfolio.
- From there your role will continue to evolve--we’re still a startup team. Here’s a small sampling of projects you may work on:
- Content creation for the monthly customer newsletter.
- Product release notes.
- Lunch-and-learn presentations.
- Collaborate with the team to design and develop a customer satisfaction reporting framework.
- Explore customer-to-customer activation and engagement methods.
What we expect:
- A combination of project management expertise and customer communication.
- Ability to manage complex projects with several stakeholders.
- Excel at process design -- ensuring customers seamlessly transition from stage to stage.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Empathize and understand customer requirements.
- Ability to quickly respond and solve customer problems.
- Transportation, modeling, policy, mobility, or urban planning domain expertise.
- 3+ years of working in or with public agencies. Experience in a world-class, data-intensive SaaS organization is preferred.
- Proficiency with transportation modeling preferred.
- Act as a customer advocate.
- Bias towards solving customer problems and effective communication.
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Be creative: you’ll come up with new ideas based on your broad understanding of technological possibilities and city domain knowledge.
- A servant leader
- We put the highest priority needs of others before our own.
- An extreme focus on the growth and well-being of the people and communities to which we belong.
- An emphasis on helping people grow and perform to the best of their ability.
- A resourceful and disciplined approach
- We take pride in being able to do more with less.
- An approach that is consistent and disciplined, ensuring we recruit high quality people and provide a high performing environment.
- Transparent and direct communication
- We all get better when we communicate in a transparent and direct style.
- The best cultures are places full of trust and safety, honest communication is the most effective way to build a high performing culture.
- A finish-the-job mentality
- We do what we say we are going to do and finish the work we start. This is showcased in both our approach and our actions.
- A recognition that a thousand details often add up to one impression and seeing through the collective completion of those details is often the difference between success and failure.
- Mission Aligned
- We care deeply about cities and providing the tools to help them make the best decisions.
Replica is committed to creating a diverse environment. We encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech and urban planning industries to apply.