What is Repeat?
Repeat is the B2B SaaS solution solving customer retention for ecommerce brands. We analyze consumer data to extract insights so that our user, the Lifecycle Marketer, can learn about their customers and easily put insight to action by delivering automated and hyper-personalized returning customer experiences.
We do this by creating a system of automated flow triggers, metadata for use in those flows, and customer profile enrichment via an action-oriented customer data platform (CDP). Repeat’s CDP is delightful to use, easy to understand, and enables our user, the lifecycle marketer, to do more with less - such as providing higher levels of customer personalization and more targeted customer outreach while allowing them to spend less time and money resources.
Backed by Battery Ventures, Harlem Capital, and Mucker Capital, we are a diverse team that emphasizes a culture of shared ownership. Our team is our “unfair advantage” and we intentionally hire people that share their ideas in an empathetic and collaborative manner.
We foster an environment of psychological safety that encourages speaking up, sharing ideas, and asking for support when needed. Our team members span different time zones and we fully embrace remote work. We believe in checking egos at the door and working from a place of high compassion.
If you ask any of us why we love working here, you’ll likely get the same answer: the people. We believe in hiring the right people for the right job at the right time and aren’t looking for a certain university or brand name on your resume.
Engineering at Repeat
We are a small team of senior engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds that love to work collaboratively, care about the user (we consider ourselves product engineers) — and we are looking for a leader to take our team to the next level.
Our Engineering Values:
- Continuous delivery & rapid iteration is important, and only sustainable through continuous improvement - each PR should improve the health of the codebase. We strive to allow features and bug fixes to drive refactors.
- Low-ego and high-compassion: a developer is not their code; we strive to give the type of feedback we would hope to receive.
- Perfect code doesn’t exist, but we each take complete responsibility in producing excellence - we review code thoroughly, write tests, and design architecture collaboratively.
As the Head of Engineering at Repeat, you'll help us build market-defining products for high-growth ecommerce brands. Backed by leading venture funds including Battery Ventures, Techstars, and Mucker Capital, Repeat is accelerating toward product market fit and looking for an experienced engineering leader to head up our engineering team and work cross-functionally to focus on engineering and overall business velocity.
As an ideal candidate, you will possess a balance of technical and people management skills, lead with a people-first mentality, and have a problem-oriented and user-centric approach to product development.
You will have a deep partnership with our VP of Product and work closely with co-founders/executives at the strategy level to define the direction of the product, goals, and priorities. You are also comfortable rolling up your sleeves in the day-to-day, working closely with the engineering team to delegate against goals.
You will be comfortable and invigorated at an early pre-product-market-fit stage, with a bias toward action. You will understand that building both the actual product and the measurement of impact of the product are key to our success. Your excellent communication skills will make you consistently seek a shared understanding critical to a fast-paced team at our stage – you will serve as a translator between engineering and the rest of the organization.
Your engineering experience will allow you to come into the fold opinionated with best-practice processes and strategies that you can implement at Repeat. At the same time, you will lean on empathy to tailor these processes to best fit the team and stage of the business. As we love to say: strong opinions, loosely held.You will be someone who understands how to build a data product — this could be because you worked at a CDP or somewhere where data was a core part of the product.
You will be someone who understands how to build a data product — this could be because you worked at a CDP or somewhere where data was a core part of the product.
- Create technical vision that ladders into overall company/product strategy
- Work cross-functionally to translate business goals into roadmap
- Measure and report on team execution in a motivating way
- Mentor engineers & growing future technical leaders
- Nurture engineering excellence via culture and process
- Provide meaningful input to technical designs based on an in-depth understanding of our systems & services
- Hire and retain diverse and talented engineers
- Build and maintain a culture of speed, excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback
- Ensure that we’re building for the user and solving a real problem - consider the user in everything we build
- Ensure we’re building fast with scale in mind
- Familiar with small teams and startups (~20 people) in exploration stage, on their way to growth stage
- Desire and ability to work remote-first in a pre-product-market-fit company
- Typically, 10+ years of experience in fast paced engineering environments
- Strong people leadership and role-model for technical excellence; exceptional delegation and people management skills
- Track record of delivery in complex, high growth technical environments
- Background developing technical vision and applying longer term technical vision to current projects
- Experience building a tech stack that is based fundamentally on ingesting, transforming and delivering data at scale
- Understand the benefits of building architecture/infrastructure that leads to and optimizes for an exceptional UX
- Comfortable and successful working with data scientists, data engineers and analytics engineers
- Customer Data Platform Experience
- Big Data/SQL
- Background in data intensive projects, CDPs
- Working at a high-growth VC-backed startup where work-life balance is important
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible working location: we’re a fully remote team!
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision Insurance (covered)
- Vacation is encouraged (and unmetered)