About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is disrupting the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility in women’s everyday lives and empowering women to feel like their best selves everyday. We have pioneered the Closet in the Cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $190M from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 6MM-strong customer base who share a belief in renting as an empowering and smart experience.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience. We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps tens of thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of founders more clearly representing the demographics of this country.
Since our founding in 2009, Rent The Runway has grown into a powerful brand that has provided millions of women new ways to access fashion and be the best version of themselves every day. As we look to continue to share the Rent The Runway experience with a broader base of consumers, we are scaling our acquisition efforts across all channels.
We’re looking for a smart, savvy and intellectually curious individual to join our marketing team to drive further growth on digital channels. The Digital Marketing Manager will play a critical role in shaping and driving Rent The Runway’s digital and performance marketing strategy. The role will require the use of creative and analytical skills to design, plan, execute, manage and analyze digital campaigns, and it will demand a unique degree of collaboration with teams across the organization to deliver campaigns that not only drive efficient user acquisition, but also tell the Rent The Runway brand story in a differentiated, powerful way.
- Own end-to-end campaign planning and execution for a variety of paid digital channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, display and display retargeting
- Identify key performance insights from campaigns and apply them to ongoing strategy in order to constantly drive optimization in efficiency
- Rigorously conduct A/B tests on digital channels to identify winning targeting and creative strategies that can be used in future campaigns
- Partner with our brand and creative teams to develop creative for digital campaigns and conduct constant measurement and campaign analysis to influence future creative development with an eye towards performance.
- Serve as a primary point of contact with external partners who will help Rent The Runway manage digital media channels as we build out our internal capabilities and expertise
- Integrate Rent The Runway customer insights research and data into our digital marketing efforts in order to ensure we are reaching the right customer via the right channels
- Serve as team expert on marketing trends and best practices in digital marketing -- both within industry and more broadly within e-commerce
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-3 years of marketing experience at a startup or a consumer-focused e-commerce company, with at least 1-2 years of direct experience managing digital marketing campaigns on a day-to-day basis
- Must be extremely qualitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter
- Expert level knowledge of the digital marketing landscape and key partners, vendors and platforms in the space
- Strong grasp of online analytics/business intelligence tools (Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.)
- Skilled at crafting performance marketing messaging and copy that also channels a distinct brand voice
- Curious nature and unending desire to expand one’s knowledge base in digital and paid marketing
- Outstanding communication skills and an ability to work across multiple internal functions and levels in order to execute on campaigns
- Strong bias towards action and an inherent “get things done” attitude
- Must have a strong entrepreneurial drive and be resourceful, with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to be hands on, with a comfort in driving both strategy and day-to-day execution