About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is disrupting the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility in women’s everyday lives and empowering women to feel like their best selves everyday. We have pioneered the Closet in the Cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $190M from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 6MM-strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering and smart.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience. We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps tens of thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of founders more clearly representing the demographics of this country.
The Marketing Manager, Retail Activation will play a key role in Retail Marketing Activation through the execution of integrated marketing communications that connect the digital & in-store experience. The right candidate is a self-starter with a scrappy and strategic approach to marketing, and has direct experience managing cross-channel campaigns, ideally with a retail focus. This person will support the strategy for igniting store order growth and other key local/retail initiatives via online and offline channels, in partnership with creative, retail and cross-functional team members.
- Launch end-to-end marketing projects in support of retail initiatives, including planning, creative development, execution, budget management, measurement and optimization, in partnership with internal teams and any agency partners
- Develop innovative marketing plans to promote same-day initiative and collaborate with the cross-functional team to execute across channels (paid, organic social, email, site, app, PR)
- Partner with internal marketing and creative teams to create engaging content, copy and messaging, develop any promotions, monitor results and make optimizations to drive store orders and appointments
- Partner with email / activation team to test and launch post-visit communications for every customer type that visits our stores
- Work with the retail team to create in-store activation / programming schedule and execute branded events through content development, management of any partner relationships, coordination of marketing promotion and on site set-up
- Manage printing / execution for all in-store materials including evergreen collateral, signage, and educational content
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal marketing and retail teams to drive constant learning / improvement and allow for seamless implementation of marketing efforts
- BA degree plus 5+ years experience in marketing at a strong consumer-facing brand, retailer or CPG company
- Experience leading integrated marketing efforts, with hands on involvement in strategy and development of customer messaging
- Creative and strategic problem-solver, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a 'will not stop until the job is done' attitude
- A self-starter with a willingness to take a proactive approach and drive projects to completion
- Ability to be adaptable and multitask in a fast-paced environment while staying highly organized and being a dependable team player
- Keen understanding of how to mine customer insights to support creative messaging
- Excited to work in a highly collaborative team environment; successful history of working cross-functionally to drive alignment and execute projects successfully
- Demonstrated experience with exceptional creative and design sensibilities with aggressive attention to detail
- A super fan who knows the Rent the Runway brand inside and out—and committed to the spirit and intent of the company’s core values