Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
As Corporate Paralegal, you will have the opportunity to meaningfully impact Rent the Runway and its Legal team, primarily by assisting with public company filings and processes, and managing administrative aspects of the Legal team to ensure its operational effectiveness.
You will report to the General Counsel/Corporate Secretary and collaborate with the other members of the Legal team. You will work from Rent the Runway’s Brooklyn headquarters at least two days per week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays), and will have the option to work remotely during the remainder of the week. We will consider alternative work arrangements, including fully remote work, on a case-by-case basis.
What You'll Do:
- Assist with public company filings and compliance, including Section 16 filings, periodic reports, and the proxy statement. You will also support RTR’s insider trading program.
- Manage corporate secretary recordkeeping, including form documents, Board minutes and materials, attendance records, and documentation related to Directors and Officers.
- Provide governance support and recordkeeping for RTR’s subsidiary in Galway, Ireland, including facilitating annual board meetings and filings.
- Support the Legal team with information requests as needed (e.g., due diligence, audits, litigation responses, vendor screening).
- Administer Legal team tools, including DocuSign and Concord (contract management system).
- Manage the Legal budget and tracking, as well as relationships with outside counsel, including contact list and Outside Counsel Guidelines.
- Should you be interested, there is potential room for growth in this role, e.g., evolving legal processes and the team’s suite of technology resources.
- 5+ years of relevant in-house or law firm experience.
- Experience preparing Section 16 filings, proxy statement filings, and managing corporate secretary/board records.
- Excellent organizational skills, with keen attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Strong ability in Excel and Google Docs.
- Experience with Workiva and Shareworks is a plus.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to prioritize and manage multiple critical projects under tight deadlines.
- Unquestioned integrity and an ability to work on sensitive and confidential matters.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $78,400 to $98,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.