Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
The Allocator role at Rent the Runway is responsible for allocating end-of-life merchandise to third party channels based on historical insights, current assortment strategies, real-time warehouse inventory levels, and in support of the monetization goals of the overall business. Weekly allocations to third party channels ensure they are at an optimal stock level and assortment based on merchandising and seasonal trends.
You will gain a strong understanding of local markets and partnerships, facilitate ongoing communication with the planning and operations teams, and analyze and manage inventory in the context of our overall business goals. This role requires excellent communication, analytical, and Microsoft Excel skills.
You will report to the Inventory Monetization Manager and work in close partnership with our Operations, Site Merchandising, and Planning teams. The ideal candidate is curious, comfortable working with large sets of data and energized by having a direct impact on team initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
Support the Inventory Performance & Optimization team’s inventory allocation process, including but not but not limited to the following:
- Allocate inventory to meet specific targets provided by Inventory Monetization Manager
- Communicate and provide clear path to resolve discrepancies from targets throughout allocation process
- Partner with Operations to meet volume and date targets for each individual allocation
- Provide insights into areas for improvement for allocation processes and tools
- Manage the organization and archiving of historical allocation data
- Compile data and generate standard as well as ad hoc reporting, on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Work with cross-functional teams, specifically Planning and Operations to ensure product and inventory strategies are carried out at third party events or transfers
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have 2-3 years of relatable experience or in a relatable industry (Allocation, Planning, Supply Chain, Category Management, Merchandising)
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, and are especially comfortable with Excel
- Strong communication skills across multiple mediums and an ability to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as an understanding of the bigger picture
- Interest in developing skills to utilize internal data platforms to provide an analytical approach to future allocations
Extra Credit Skills:
- Professional Skills: Statistics and Forecasting, Data Analysis, Demand Planning, Retail Math, Inventory Management, Strategic Planning
- Computer Skills: SQL, Looker, Tableau
- Experience with Assortment Planning Tools
The anticipated salary for the temporary position will be $30-$31 per hour. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.