Senior Analyst, Finance
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories, and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Job:
The Senior Analyst, Finance will play an important strategic financial role at Rent the Runway by partnering closely both within the Finance organization and cross-functionally to drive business decisions and help to set long-term financial strategy. This position offers the opportunity to provide critical business intelligence that empowers senior management to make sound decisions. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, and strategic modeling, the Finance team delivers timely results and encourages open discussion and creative solutions to improve the quality of our work as the business grows. This position plays a vital role in achieving these goals, and the incumbent should have an entrepreneurial drive, be able to interact with a variety of people, maintain and develop complex models, demonstrate flexibility, and meet rapid deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze, update and develop financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the company’s cost base and revenue projections
- Prepare and deliver daily, weekly and monthly management reports to key constituents
- Present, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data to senior leadership - partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Support key initiatives that drive improvement in ROI, profitability, and forecast reliability
- Own budgeting and forecasting processes including annual and quarterly reviews and analysis, assigning department specific budgets, and tracking monthly/quarterly actuals vs. budget
- Partner with key business areas to perform strategic analysis and modeling to help inform department specific spending and decisions
- Analyze competitor performance and market trends
- Assist in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- Work on a variety of special projects that may include M&A, financings, new business initiatives, etc.
- Function effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, manage time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- You have a bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- 2-3 years experience of finance and/or strategic analysis experience
- You have entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- You are proficient in financial analysis and model building
- You are highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once and are able to work comfortably under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- You have experience working in investment banking, M&A, FP&A, corporate finance or consulting
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 2 days a week, in accordance with Company policies
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $78,400 to $98,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.