Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
The Marketing Strategy & Product Marketing team is a core group within RTR’s Brand team that guides critical business decisions through research and strategic analysis. The team is responsible for infusing deep customer-centricity into business decisions and the holistic user experience and leading key initiatives to drive growth and retention. Leveraging consumer, competitive, and cultural insights, we define the “customer vision” and “job to be done” for our product and marketing experiences. The team works in partnership with leaders across the org and serves as the key point-of-contact in the areas of customer strategy, marketing strategy, and go-to-market strategies. Our mission is to keep the organization navigating toward our North Star in the short and long term.
The team is highly visible throughout the organization and in particular to the senior leadership of RTR who depend heavily on the insights and recommendations from the team to inform important decisions in the ongoing growth of the business.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy & Planning to evolve and lead the marketing planning process and develop marketing strategies to drive growth. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Head of Marketing Strategy & Product Marketing, this role will provide leadership, strategic direction, and vision for the RTR team focusing on developing high impact organic, full funnel marketing strategies and ensuring effective & efficient marketing efforts.
This is a highly cross functional role that will work directly with stakeholders across brand, creative, revenue, biz ops + strategy, fashion, growth marketing, analytics and product teams. The ideal candidate is excited about driving business growth and reimagining ways of working.
What You’ll Do:
- Leverage performance data and customer data and insights to develop and optimize marketing strategies that differentiate RTR and drive growth
- Evangelize customer segmentation study across the organization and integrate into existing and new strategies
- Work with cross functional teams to build and support the execution of short + long term marketing plans leveraging research and insights, marketing technology, and data analytics where possible
- Guide the prioritization of key initiatives across marketing
- Incubate and pilot new strategies which have the greatest potential to “change the game” for RTR
- Ensure the team is maximizing the impact of all marketing-related initiatives by developing and maintaining playbooks and best practices
- Develop and oversee execution of full funnel marketing strategy for RTR’s offerings (subscription, one time rentals, and resale) and across customer segments
- Reimagine and oversee the annual + quarterly strategic marketing planning process for the RTR Brand org and manage the cross-functional connection points, processes and planning cycles between marketing, creative, brand, fashion and product teams
- Set specific marketing goals that align with the overall direction and business goals and own measurement and reporting of ongoing brand performance
- Partner with SHs to evolve tracking and performance measurement by channel that ladders up to the broader revenue strategy
- You are a customer obsessed strategic and creative marketer, with the ability to conceptualize new ideas and new ways of working
- You have a proven track record of delivering growth from multiple digital marketing sources
- You have excellent decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact marketing initiatives
- You have strong analytical skills including the ability to conduct research, analyze data, prepare and interpret reports and communicate actionable results, findings and recommendations.
- You are able to develop, execute, and communicate a long-term strategic vision, while also balancing immediate priorities and opportunities with minimal supervision
- You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- You have strong project management skills and experience managing multiple competing priorities
- You are a highly collaborative, team player, strong influencer and relationship builder
- You thrive in a fast-paced organization and enjoy working hard. You take initiative and are energized by challenges. You take pride in the quality of your work
- You have a clear understanding of full funnel marketing and digital marketing KPIs across both paid + organic channels
- You have a balance of creative and analytical thinking
- You have experience leading strategic planning
- You are a strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and get things done
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.