Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
The Fashion Operations Assistant will assist with the vendor lifecycle, from initial onboarding into RTR systems through troubleshooting and facilitating account updates. You will provide cross functional support between RTR teams and RTR external vendors and improve communication and processes to deliver a seamless vendor experience. You will also help monitor vendor systems adoption and ensure data accuracy across those systems. In addition to vendor-facing initiatives, you will work with the Merchandising organization to support the rollout of new internal tools, process, and systems initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about various parts of a fast-paced merchandising organization and make an impact on an effective vendor experience.
What You’ll Do:
Support Vendor Relations
- Onboard vendors, collect necessary paperwork, and manage change requests for accounts payable and buying
- Manage vendor-relations inbox, vendor onboarding process, communication cadence, and engage with merchandising stakeholders to address challenges with vendors
- Monitor all vendor standard exceptions and flag repeat compliance issues
- Have a thorough understanding of vendor guidelines, compliance requirements and provide vendors and internal stakeholders of any changes
- Proofread and edit vendor communication drafts and send final materials with an appropriate and consistent format
- Organize and develop training sessions for new vendors and new systems
Support Merchant Operations
- Coordinate product and purchase order resolutions based on the needs and requests of respective departments, including transportation, operations, and site merchandising
- Work closely with Accounts Payable Coordinators to ensure timely payment and prioritization of invoices
Provide Systems and Tools Support
- Maintain shipment portal data in partnership with 3PL logistics, internal operations, vendors, and merchants
- Assist with ad-hoc projects that help the fashion team scale through phases of rapid growth, including troubleshooting, training, and ongoing support of third party software
- Assist with development of SOPs and documentation of ongoing process changes and workflows
- Troubleshoot issues and ensure there is consistency among all data sources between merchant, vendor, operations, and inventory management systems
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ years of experience in account management, operations or project management preferred
- Effectively managed multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong service mindset and ability to use metrics to measure service levels
- Must be systems-oriented with experience using Google Suite and Microsoft Office; Excel proficiency required (vlookup, pivot tables)
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and handling escalated external requests
- Demonstrated ability in learning tools and processes quickly, effectively troubleshooting issues
- Strong desire to learn new technical skills and become the subject matter expect with new software and systems
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or purchase order systems a plus
- Experience with Airtable a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.