Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About The Role:
The Sr. Director of Engagement Marketing / CRM Lead will be a key leadership role within the Revenue team. You will drive strategy and execution to drive healthy customer growth, meaningful engagement with our customer base, and create a best-in-class retention program. As this role balances growth and retention, you’ll work with members of the Product and Brand, Marketing teams on a variety of key cross functional projects
Are you an analytical marketer with innovative ideas on how to turn customers into Rent the Runway fanatics? If this sounds like you, plus you have a passion for changing the fashion industry and “hockey-sticking” growth, keep reading!
What You’ll Do:
- Build a best-in-class multi-channel lifecycle marketing engine that enables personalized cross-channel comms to deliver the right message in the right channel at the right time.
- Oversee a team who is the last point of contact for all marketing communications (email, badging, push, SMS) and works cross-functionally to maintain the seasonal and automated comms programs. Your team will:
- Develop monthly evergreen email and push calendars with the brand marketing and merch teams.
- Oversee and execute creative briefs for new and existing campaigns.
- Execute ongoing testing regimen (subject lines, layout, format, frequency, etc.) to continuously improve email performance focused on user engagement
- Partner with brand and product marketing to message Rent the Runway’s brand identity and meet company performance objectives
- Lead in the development of weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on email performance
- Drive engagement and loyalty through best-in-class CRM strategies on our email, SMS, direct mail, and other customer retention channels by analyzing current trends and developing long-term strategies.
- Conduct a strategic review of existing CRM channels, propose to evolve existing/build out new CRM channels to establish new growth & retention levers for RTR.
- Create detailed customer journey flows with actionable triggers to drive conversion and engagement based on customer insights
- Stay informed on market trends and retention best practices, including personalization, CRM flows, email deliverability, and innovative creative approaches.
- Partner with the Brand team to leverage content and other materials to drive more brand loyalty; work on GTM launches of new products and features for existing customer base.
- Work with the Finance and Data teams to drive cohort analyses to understand business impact of retention efforts; develop segmentation for use throughout the customer journey.
- Explore new and emerging tools and trends to position Rent the Runway at the front of new opportunities in technology and fashion
- Bachelor's Degree plus 10+ years of experience in Retention, CRM, Loyalty, or other related functions.
- Experience working for the direct-to-consumer division of a multi-channel retailer or subscription-based e-commerce business preferred.
- Ability to work in a competitive, fast-paced and challenging environment and the want to work across multiple cross-functional teams.
- Management experience leading CRM teams and managing outside agencies. Also experience implementing robust 3rd party API’s into your CRM. SailThru platform experience a big plus.
- Critical thinking and problem solving with a positive attitude is a must.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.