Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
Reporting to our Head of Total Rewards, our Senior Manager of Total Rewards will drive our compensation strategy to achieve business objectives and own the day-to-day administration of Rent the Runway’s equity plan and executive compensation. You will be a member of the People Team and work closely with your Legal team colleagues. This role is a critical part of our People and Total Rewards team with significant responsibility, exposure to all levels across the organization and high cross-functional partnership. It is an energizing opportunity with tremendous growth and opportunity for direct impact to the success of our business and our employee experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Consult & support HR Business Partners and Leaders to enable them to deliver on our key Total Rewards principles, drive our pay for performance, provide recommendations for job alignment to RTR’s framework and conduct market pricing for all levels of job groups
- Be responsible for overall administration of our equity plan, focusing on controls, accuracy, timeliness and employee support; maintain our equity plan database
- Serve as subject matter expert of global Total Rewards philosophy, policies, and other key deliverables
- Process documentation for new equity grants, option exercises, and vestings; reconcile transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, share count and other items as required
- Provide accurate, timely information to key business stakeholders (i.e., Tax, Payroll, Accounting, HR departments) and support global tax and regulatory compliance
- Enhance and document equity-related procedures, policies, and controls; provide supporting records and documentation for external audits
- Respond to questions from employees regarding their overall compensation, equity grants and support employee training initiatives
- Conduct compensation analysis, develop compensation recommendations, and present to stakeholders; lead year end process in partnership with HR Business Partners and business leaders
- Partner with Benefits lead to ensure overall total rewards design aligns with our People strategic intent
- Bachelor’s degree required; Certified designations CCP, SPHR, CEP preferred
- 8+ years of increasing accountability in the areas of Compensation and/or Human Resources; subject matter expertise in total rewards preferred
- 5 + years’ experience in multinational stock administration
- Insider trading preclearance compliance, Section 16 compliance (Form 3, 4 and 5) and Proxy Statement reporting requirements preferred
- Strong analytics expertise and experience analyzing and presenting data; highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Clear and client-focused written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain organization and prioritize tasks; track record of completing multiple projects within established deadlines simultaneously in high stakes environment
- Ability to be successful in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment in which decisions are made collaboratively and within a high performing, engaging team
- Working knowledge of Shareworks preferred
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.