Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the development and execution of leading the process of our new item pipeline and leading a category experience that is frictionless, accurate and engaging. You will oversee the site merchandising strategy at the product page, product grid and navigational levels.You will partner closely with the Director, Site Merchandising in innovating new product catalog enhancements that will improve merchant workflows and will unify the catalog to the site.
You will need fantastic organizational and communication skills, technical skills, as well as a passion for process improvement and thinking outside the box. This will require you to think big and be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases reinvent how we operate.
- Lead the execution of the New Arrivals pipeline and ensure all new items are launched successfully and within SLA.
- Lead weekly site validations to ensure a seamless launch of product within our new arrivals and category based product grids.
- Lead and manage web copy and photography asset needs to ensure x-functional partners are operating within SLA.
- Provide clear plans of action and updated documentation to leaders, gaining alignment and providing progress roadmaps to drive accountability
- Create and help scale best-in-class efficient workflows, processes and timelines, embedding operational excellence into assistant site merchandisers workflows
- Gather and apply evolving systems knowledge to inform go-forward enhancements and processes, partner with engineering teams and lead user acceptance testing and process implementation
- Manage process for introducing new categories and attribute values into the RTR product catalog
- Assist in the development and rollout of site enhancements based on new product catalog integration capabilities
- Own partnership with external third party vendors to continue to develop and enhance the RTR platform and investment
- Collaborate with other Site Merchandising Managers to develop cross-site strategies
- Serve as key business lead overseeing day-to-day functionality and operations of website to ensure best-in-class merchandising experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of site merchandising experience
- 2+ years of ecommerce team management experience, with a close focus on content, site merchandising, site optimization
- Proven experience in developing and executing content and merchandising plans.
- Highly analytical with the ability to provide data-driven recommendations and corresponding action plans
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while managing priorities
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple deadlines autonomously and proactively
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility and for delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets, Google Analytics (or other site analytics tools)
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.