Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
In this position you will serve as critical support for the Operations team, acting as both the Executive Assistant to our Chief Supply Chain Officer who leads our operations function and as the point of contact for office related coordination for the operations team. As the Executive Assistant, you will provide administrative support in all day to day needs, enabling our CSO to be more efficient by keeping him/her organized, prepared and on time. As the Office Coordinator, you will support our warehouse team, and be responsible for creating a well-organized and efficient office environment that represents the Rent the Runway brand and culture. You will help evolve and create office management procedures that ensure effectiveness, efficiency and compliance. The Office Coordinator will look for ways to add value across teams through exceptional execution of projects and partnership in cultural initiatives. As part of both functions, you will have the opportunity to deal with a diverse group of important executives internally and externally, acting as a key representative of the RTR brand.
You are the right fit for this position if you are incredibly organized, passionate about Rent the Runway, proactive and scrappy. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast paced environment, juggle lots of projects and deadlines at once, and have a proven track record of excellence in a similar work environment.
This role is based out of our Distribution and Fulfillment Center in Secaucus, NJ.
What You'll Do:
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Supply Chain Officer, managing all aspects of his/her calendar and schedule including conference calls, appointments, meetings, travel, transportation, etc.
- Act as a liaison with key business partners, including high-level executives and business leaders, board members, high profile candidates, vendors, and actively work with other EA’s as needed.
- Understand business priorities and act accordingly, using best judgment as to which meetings and interviews need to be prioritized, which meetings cannot be moved, and ensuring our the CSO never has a schedule conflict or is overcommitted.
- Support communication, organization and general business needs as necessary, creating and maintaining documents, folders, filing systems, databases, etc.
- Support creation and distribution of presentations/materials for meetings as needed
- Coordinate team offsite events as necessary
- Handle Operation business expenses, including reconciling corporate card accounts and creating/submitting expense reports
- Ensure the office consistently runs smoothly, keeping track of inventory, and maintaining on-hand supply.
- Be the point of contact and coordinate all office services and vendors that support the office.
- Partner across functions to ensure the office lives up to the RTR Brand in look, feel, and comfort.
- Partner with HR and GM to ensure all new hires are set up for success in their physical workspace
- Oversee the seating chart and facilitate internal moves, ensuring that all employees are well-equipped and have a smooth experience as we change and grow
- Maintain, identify, and communicate office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Partner in the planning for various events such as holiday parties, office celebrations, etc.
- Own messaging information about building procedures, changes, or alerts to the broader groups.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of prior administrative experience in an operational function
- Relevant work experience in a startup, e-commerce and/or technology based company preferred, or company with similar pace and structure
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate ability to juggle multiple competing tasks, deadlines, personalities, long and short-term projects, etc.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization including senior executives, board members, etc.
- Extreme attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Must be forward-thinking and constantly one step ahead
- Must be able to appropriately handle confidential information and use best judgment for sharing information
- Proficiency in Greenhouse, Corporate Gmail, and Google Docs preferred
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.