Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
Manages the preparation and coordination of SEC reports and other external financial reports for use by management, shareholders and outside agencies.
What You'll Do:
- Manages the coordination and preparation of financial statements and disclosures on Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Partners with the FP&A team to manage the preparation of the monthly/ quarterly consolidated financial statement variance analysis for management.
- Participates in the review of all external deliverables to ensure accuracy and consistency with SEC filings and internal reports and documents, as well as compliance with SEC rules governing non-GAAP metrics.
- Participates in determining the impact from accounting and financial statement changes.
- Provides professional advice with respect to external reporting.
- Participates in the review of existing and proposed regulations of the FASB, SEC, and/or other authoritative bodies that formulate or have jurisdiction over financial reporting or accounting matters that will impact the Company.
- Partners closely with the Technical Accounting team and participates in the interpretation and analysis of new accounting principles and regulatory decisions to assess the financial statement impact, and the implementation of accounting-related changes to ensure compliance.
- Partners closely with the Technical Accounting team and participates in the development of the Company's position relative to financial reporting and accounting issues.
- Manages system implementations/upgrades as it relates to the external reporting system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study
- CPA certification, active license status required
- Recent Big 4 accounting experience is required
- 7+ years of experience, preferably with combination of experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm and relevant financial reporting experience at a public company
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with technical research and preparation of accounting position papers
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate, guide, and interact professionally with a wide range of personnel at various levels within the organization to drive sound business decisions
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with great attention to details
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and manage individuals
- Demonstrated integrity and professionalism
- Passionate and enthusiastic about remaining up to date on current trends and practices
- Familiar with external financial reporting platforms
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.