Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Accounts Payable Administrator to join our strong Accounting group. You will play a key role on the Accounts Payable team during an exciting period of high growth and process transformation. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high-energy company.
What You’ll Do:
- Play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the AP team
- Assist the AP Lead in setting up and monitoring efficient daily processes to make sure the work is properly prioritized and addressed in a timely manner
- Code and process all vendor invoices in a timely manner. Match invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents, ensuring accuracy and approval
- Responsible for both daily AP duties by covering a portion of the accounts, and for the overall coordination of work for the team
- Act as a business partner to various internal departments to ensure their needs are addressed and invoices are processed on time
- Assist with month end accruals
- Provide support during annual and other audits, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred but not required
- At least 1-3 years of strong AP experience in a very fast paced, high volume environment
- Must demonstrate comprehension of the General Ledger and Chart of Accounts and where it flows within Financial Statement; basic knowledge of Capitalized Assets, Prepaid Expenses, and Accruals preferred
- Accurate and timely data entry skills with strong attention to detail
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup and other functions and formulas)
- Proven time management skills
- Must be a detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to multitask and jump in to assist the team when critical
- Strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude is a must
- Experience working with any major accounting software
- Able and willing to communicate effectively with various internal and external customers
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.