Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership and enabling women to rent, subscribe to and purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Data is core to our growing business and has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. The Data Science team is the engine that powers our data-driven culture. We extract meaning from RTR’s many, rich customer interactions and partner with decision makers across the company to turn insights into actions. Our team of well-rounded data scientists manages data models, defines and analyzes performance metrics, builds reporting, runs A/B experiments, and develops statistical and machine learning models.
About the Job:
We are looking for a Manager to own the marketing analytics strategy at RTR. In this role you will manage a small team of data scientists and work hands on with talented partners across Paid and Engagement Marketing to form a holistic picture of channel performance across RTR. You will sit within the broader Consumer Analytics team, collaborating with other data scientists to drive growth across major company initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and grow a team of Marketing data scientists, providing hands-on guidance on technical problems and team prioritization
- Define our long-term data strategy for Marketing Analytics
- Work closely with the Marketing team to understand their needs and opportunities
- Partner with marketing and engineering teams to ensure that the appropriate data are collected to measure performance across online and offline channels
- Develop and improve our marketing data model, creating new, reusable tables with built-in data validations and extensible architecture
- Define and expose KPIs that measure marketing performance
- Apply quantitative analysis and data mining techniques to uncover actionable insights
- Set up a framework to test incrementality of new and existing marketing channels
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to refine marketing tactics
- Identify new opportunities to leverage data science for better decision-making
- You have a strong quantitative and/or technical academic background, such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or Physics
- You have 5+ years experience in a data analytics and/or data science role, with 3+ years experience in marketing analytics with exposure to a wide range of online and offline channels
- You have 2+ years experience managing teams of individual contributors
- You have a track record of building and owning strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- You have experience working with a marketing tech stack and digital data technologies (Google Analytics, Facebook, AdWords, affiliate tracking platforms, pixel tracking, etc.)
- You are familiar with statistical methods and A/B testing
- You have hands-on experience developing statistical models in Python and/or R
- You have a strong handle on SQL; you can comfortably navigate joins, subqueries, window functions, and common table expressions
- You have experience creating dashboards with a BI tool such as Tableau or Looker
- You’re able to communicate effectively with a wide-range of audiences
- You’re extremely curious and excited to dive into complex problems
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.