Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
The Customer Experience Operations team is responsible for the operational systems and programs that enable Rent the Runway to support customers efficiently at scale. This includes: tools & technology, business standards, GTM operations, knowledge & help-center content, and long-term CX strategy. Additionally, this team is responsible for the execution of key operations workstreams, many that are revenue-driving.
About the Job:
As the Manager of Customer Experience Operations - Innovation & Incubation, you will be responsible for building the framework through which we pilot and iterate on new, revenue-driving, customer-facing programs. You will play a crucial role in elevating the Rent the Runway customer experience and help explore additional revenue-generating opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Assess new opportunities to expand customer-facing service offerings. Determine (in partnership with operations leadership team) which service offerings to pilot.
- Run pilot programs from soup-to-nuts.
- Partner with analytics team to assess pilot results
- Deliver recommendations to the RTR leadership team on whether or not services are a worthwhile long term investment.
- Partner with customer experience or tech teams to build long term infrastructure to support viable, ROI-positive programs.
- Partner with Customer Operations Team Leads to ensure that Coordinator responsibilities for each pilot program are clearly defined and communicated.
What you need:
- At least 3 - 5 years of program or project management experience
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Strong analytical chops. You are able to tell a compelling story with data and are excited about continuing to develop this skill.
- Excellent problem solving. You operate well in ambiguity and are frequently recognized for your ability to quickly problem solve.
- Passion for customer service and drive to create lasting experiences that are beyond customer expectation.
- Experience creating new processes and executing in a constantly changing environment
- Strong communication skills cross-functionally at all levels
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.