Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
What You'll Do
- Assist stylists on set with steaming, prepping, keeping rails organized for daily photoshoots.
- Prep all styles ahead of time, locating samples and ensuring each item is organized for the stylists.
- Direct and assist models getting dressed with direction from stylists.
- Ensure all product is returned to sample coordinators and styling closet.
- Managing the styling space and set to keep all areas organized.
- Ensure stock is not mishandled and communicate with the samples to team to help keep track of samples/stock.
- Assist stylists on extra projects, assist with research and creation of styling decks.
- Previous styling assistant experience is preferred (min 6 months).
- Passion for the fashion industry and styling with knowledge of designers.
- The confidence to show initiative and willingness to ask questions and learn in a fast paced environment.
- Team-player with a can-do attitude and a willingness to wear many hats.
- Good knowledge of Google sheets, slides and docs.
- Excellent work ethic.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.