Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
In this role, you’ll support Rent the Runway’s goal of reducing our inventory acquisition cost through alternative acquisition methods (revenue share and exclusive designs), while still building a positive customer experience via inventory satisfaction. You will be responsible for scaling and operationalizing our alternative inventory models. You will be accountable for the financial plans and strategies with our designer partners to maximize ROI. You will report to the VP of Planning & Inventory Strategy and work cross-functionally with FashionOps, Buying, Finance, and Analytics. The ideal candidate is curious, comfortable working with complex data and energized by having a direct impact on growth.
What You'll Do
- Own and optimize financial and inventory models for alternative procurement channels (Share by RTR, Exclusive Designs)
- Develop data materials and presentations for external and internal partners so as to maximize success for RTR and our partners.
- Partner with Program Manager on monthly reporting, forecasts, and estimates
- Drive Fashion team’s understanding of and ability to improve key metrics by partnering with cross-functional stakeholders on actionable analyses.
- Improve tools and processes for scaling alternative inventory models at Rent the Runway
- Work with a cross functional team, including buyers, fashion operations, analytics and finance to strategically analyze new opportunities and business performance to develop recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in analytics, finance, consulting, retail or an early-to-growth stage company.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills with an interest in data and its ability to create value and shape business decisions.
- Excellent communication skills across multiple mediums and an ability to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A strong attention to detail, as well as an understanding of the bigger picture.
- An innate sense of curiosity and desire to solve problems, make decisions and take action on both an individual and collaborative basis.
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically Advanced Excel
- Proficiency in SQL and Looker/Tableau a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.