About Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Role
We’re looking for a multi-disciplinary Junior Designer with an emphasis on design for digital to join our growing Creative team. The main responsibilities of this role will be to focus on various growth and marketing initiatives across our digital channels (email, paid and social) with the ability to support site and app via production design. The ideal candidate has a strong facility with production design for digital assets, as well as an interest and experience in presentation design, typography and layout, and other areas of communication design. You should have a good understanding of asset creation for social (ranging from Instagram to Facebook, Pinterest and Tik Tok) and have an invested interest in the visual trends happening across these platforms.
What You'll Do
- Design with a high degree of speed and accuracy for digital production across Rent the Runway’s site, app, and other digital channels, working collaboratively with Art Directors, Designers, Content Strategists, and CMS Manager to ensure finished product is optimized from a design standpoint
- Leverage Rent the Runway brand style guide to design for variety of brand communication channels, across digital and physical, as needed
- Self-organize and communicate clearly and concisely on status of ongoing work, to ensure smooth progress for the working team, particularly within the production design for digital ads, social, emails communicating clearly with the team members closest to that process
- Execute innovative creative ideas to advance Rent the Runway’s brand vision
- Partner with other Creative team members to unite the visual style consistency across the brand
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2+ years of hands-on experience creating
digital assets, with a focus on production design for digital brands.
- Well organized and solutions oriented
- Detail-oriented designer with an appreciation for precision in design for the digital space
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- A collaborative team player with an interest in learning and listening to others
- Self-motivated, resourceful, hardworking with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch, plus other related programs to create assets that animate, GIF etc.
- Experience working in fashion is a plus
- Experience with motion graphics, animation and designing for social is also a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.